Average Speed downloading

I have that internet from citytel, the one you pay $10 more a month. Whats everyones average download rate off torrent sites? I dont seem to get more then 25kb/s

Wow only 10 bucks. That’s cheap. Is that dial-up?

Do you mean $10 more than Cosmic Net basic DSL or what?

You have to remember that your speed off of torrents won’t always be the same, and it’s nothing to guage your line speed on. You could have the fastest line in the world and still only get 50Kbps off of a torrent.

I’ve got the $39.95 dealie, and my speeds are, as the kids say, ‘aight’.

I think my parents have the $59.95 asynchronous shizzy, and it’s the bee’s knees.

i was just about to post this thread…
yea the adsl LITE totally sucks, maxes out around 25k, i thought i upgraded when I went in there the other day but its still maxing out around that.

i think we are going to do the $40 one now, i think that maxes out at 120 down? the old cosmic one my parents has is pretty sweet, i wish they still offered it, maybe its worth a try.

I have the $39.95 one, and I’ve had speeds substantially greater than 120kb/s down.

There are so many modems around now, I dont know what we pay. I guess I have the 7Mb one, and it’s OK for downloading and stuff, but latency is pretty shitty for online games. 2Mb and the old 4Mb (before they changed whatever), were the ones to have., I can hit 300Kb/sec with this connection… Citytel is nothing like having cable, but the extra $10 a month REALLY flies compared to the Norton cosmicgaynessnetmodem, which is only half duplex, from what I understand. That means you can upload and download, but not at the same time. Dowloads can reach around 80Kb/sec, but as soon as you start sending data (like with bit torrent), you get shuffled down to a measly 12Kb/s or so… Try sending a file to someone on it… it’s just pathetic.

I’m using my sister’s Shaw connection in Abbotsford. Don’t have bit torrents on the laptop but I downloaded AdAware, AVG and a couple other goodies at over 580K today. That’s not too shabby…
BTW my niece said she’s got dozens of bandwidth warning letters from Shaw, but that’s as far as they’ve gone with it.

So right now I’m on 3 torrents, at a combined 309kb/s down, 33kb/s up.

If you get a program like bitlord, you can selete which files you want to download. Say its 4 cds, download the first cd in bitlord, another cd in another program and so on. Also you can unselete the files that are 100%

i also have the premium adsl package and i usually get over 300 kb downloads from torrentreactor site , depending on the amount of seeds of course. I use bit commet and azuruz as my bot torrent clients. :laughing:

I use Citytel’s $39.95 service, & my download speeds down/up:
4076/755 kbps (509/94 KB)
4206/848 kbps (526/106 KB)
4208/847 kbps (526/106 KB)
4212/844 kbps (526/106 KB)
4215/853 kbps (527/107 KB)

Thats 5 tests at:

speakeasy.net/speedtest/

using the Seattle Server, my average ping for online gaming is 45ms (CS1.6). I used to run CS Server which was great for people in Rupert (less than 20ms) but shut it down for lack of interest, guess CS finally lost interest in Rupert. I have 2 pcs sharing the same connection at the same speeds.

[quote=“Doc^Holliday”]I use Citytel’s $39.95 service, & my download speeds down/up:
4076/755 kbps (509/94 KB)
4206/848 kbps (526/106 KB)
4208/847 kbps (526/106 KB)
4212/844 kbps (526/106 KB)
4215/853 kbps (527/107 KB)

Thats 5 tests at:

speakeasy.net/speedtest/

[/quote]

I pay the same as you, and the highest I got was 145.1 KB/sec down, and 62.3 KB/sec up.

I switched from Bitlord to bitcomet and my speed has doubled