Attacked at royal bank

People are too full of fear these days.

Heh, you don’t get the joke, do you?

He once claimed that HTMF was American, not Canadian, because it ended with .com – therefore we should use some American standard, not Canadian on HTMF.

So of course, now I call him an American, because his domain name ends with .com as well.

It’s a joke. He’s not American.

But it’s a great example of the logic he uses. So I like to remind him of it.

No, that’s what Hoshq.com was saying. He basically said that since this was a .COM site, that Canadian opinions shouldn’t matter, only American ones. So I like to remind him of his crazy logic.

But you didn’t get the joke, obviously.

Ok, tell me when it was better for you (and your parents/grandparents). When were they better fed, better employed, healthier, better lifestyle, longer life-span, better medicine, better education, better technology? When? 20 years ago? 50 years ago?

Are all those things worse now than they were in the past?

If the murder rate is lower now than ever, does that mean the murder rate is getting worse?

So again I ask, what exactly is worse now than 20 years ago? Worse than 50 years ago? 100?

Let’s be specific. What is it you yearn for in the good old days?

Sure, Rupert’s economy sucks, the mill is closed for good. But is your life really much worse than your mothers? Your grandmothers? Your great-grandmothers?

Imagine a world with the internet (without TV, without electricity?), without medicine. A world where you can’t read, and even if you could, there aren’t many books, or you can’t afford them?

How far back do we have to go to get to “the good old days” ? Back to when women couldn’t vote, go to school or have jobs? Back to when?

Maybe 5 years ago in Rupert, yeah. But not 20, not 50, and definitely not 100.

Pick a year you want to which you’d like to go back in time. What are you going to give up from your 2005 world to go back there?

When were the good old days?

[quote]Pick a year you want to which you’d like to go back in time. What are you going to give up from your 2005 world to go back there?

When were the good old days?[/quote]

1982 I was camping at Gray Bay On the QCI, My bestfreind Kirt had a 250 XR and on the Back of that bike going 60 on the beach, light ocean spray coming off the front tire, the sun just setting on the ocean, was me cupping his girlfriends breast’s we pulled into were her parents were camping she got off the bike she turned to kiss kirt and in the sun you could see 10 sandy finger prints on her white shirt. kirt turned to me after she left and smiled and said “nice ride Dave”.lol…I’ll never forget it.

Some day to most of you these ( right now) will become the ‘good ol days’. I know it’s hard to imagine but that’s how it happens, cept maybe for astrothug, man that’s a great one, gotta love your best friends girlfriend.
As much as I hate to do it I have to agree with MiG on this one, it is only increased media coverage and therefore increased awareness of such things that has altered our perception, things really are better, ‘all things considered’. Here in Rupert at least. Shit happens and it always has.

She used to be mine.

Man, 2005 is awesome… Year that the Transformers The Movie, takes place in.

[quote=“MiG”]

People these days? Nah, people period. People 100 years ago were more violent.

People 20 years ago were more violent. But people have always been violent.

The “crime is getting worse” meme isn’t very accurate, especially for Canada. Maybe our perception of it is getting worse, but crime itself isn’t.[/quote]

Word, Mig.

The percentage of crime in Canada hasn’t increased at all in the last 10 years ( ~24%), whereas the perceived crime rate has Super Sized amongst Canadians…

High Five!

Please don’t discourage Mig and hoshq’s exchanges. I get quite a lot of amusement from watching the two of them whip out their e-penis’ to see which is larger.

On the topic of crime in Prince Rupert:

I don’t have any fancy statistics to quote but I can tell you that after working in the courts here in town for 14 years, I see no more violent crime now than I did when I started. It’s always been here. The incident that started this thread (The one that took place behind the Highliner) is truely a horrible one. If you think that kind of incident is so new around here that you should be worried, you need to worry more about just how little you know about the city you live in.

Mike