As need grows, Donations to Salvation Army are down in PR

Venables said Prince George and Prince Rupert are two cities where need is greatest. But he said donations have also dipped in Vancouver and North Vancouver.

cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c … tions.html

I know of quite a few families in need this Christmas. This economy and job situation in PR has affected much deeper than some might expect - or that is being reported.

Anyone reading this should donate what they can. We will be. :smile:

[quote=“MeepMeepZoom”]I know of quite a few families in need this Christmas. This economy and job situation in PR has affected much deeper than some might expect - or that is being reported.

Anyone reading this should donate what they can. We will be. :smile:[/quote]

I agree with you but my family and I decided to do things a little differently the past couple of years. We all have families in our areas, that need help and would never go to the SA. It is so nice to show up on X-Mas with some gifts and some food or invite them over to your home and include them in your day. This way you know the people who need it are the ones who are receiving it. Just a wonderful way to celebrate X-Mas and the kids love it too which is the most important lesson they could learn. Pay it forward. Merry X-Mas to all!

Here here , I have to agree with both of the last posts from Jazella and MeepMeepZoom , yes that is a true or real way to celebrate this time of the season . I would think that whoever followed this act would know where and how their time , money and effort went . That is when one may smile and feel good inside .