Article on Mayor Brain

I am still waiting on the Northern View or another publication to do an article on Mayor Brain’s reaction to his landslide win. It would be good to get an article on what issues he intends to focus on when he takes the reigns in the next few days!

Well, the CBC had this on Monday…

audioboom.com/boos/2659076-swee … cted-mayor

And TV 7 had this item

bcove.me/uqt3pkm6

LOL, the Northern View? Expect Todd Hamilton to treat him like he does the MLA. Especially since he seems to lump all those “NDP organizers” together.

See: http://forum.hackingthemainframe.com/t/finao-insults-thread-resurrected-from-the-wasteland/15585/1

Also, read the original thread: Rice should resign

Some think that Finao guy was Todd Hamilton.

[quote=“MiG”]LOL, the Northern View? Expect Todd Hamilton to treat him like he does the MLA. Especially since he seems to lump all those “NDP organizers” together.
[/quote]

No, Todd Hamilton will not treat Mayor Brain like he does the MLA. The City buys advertising, for legal notices and such.

I guess you’re right.

That explains the spirited defense of Citywest by the Northern View in the past as well. A supposed ‘right wing’ paper supporting Citywest never made any sense. How can they justify the use of taxpayer money to buy a cable company, and to subsidize it while it competed with private enterprise? Simple. Citywest also buys advertising in the paper.

Mr. Brain’s success in the election has been noted by a few provincial options as well, with recent articles in the Vancouver Observer and Globe and Mail…

northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … -more.html

[quote=“MiG”]I guess you’re right.

That explains the spirited defense of Citywest by the Northern View in the past as well. A supposed ‘right wing’ paper supporting Citywest never made any sense. How can they justify the use of taxpayer money to buy a cable company, and to subsidize it while it competed with private enterprise? Simple. Citywest also buys advertising in the paper.[/quote]

Another example is the Port (which of course we all support etc), which low-balled the City $4.2 million on it’s PILT payments. That would have affected taxes and civic services. There has been little coverage of that issue beyond brief reports based on media releases. Then look at the Black Press N2K magazine and who pays for the back page ad.