Are we winning?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4545822.stm

Very complicated. So many belief systems out there that it is impossible to keep everyone happy. Its my opinion that man has shown that we are smart enough to prove that some of what religion has taught us to be right is actually wrong. Its a scary thing though because religion is the basis for our moral fabric. Most of us would look at the 10 commandments as a basic set of rules for life. I can see that conflicts may arise even more as we as a society try to navigate our way through what is right and wrong and also what to teach our children in schools. Although I am not even close to being religious, probably more of an atheist than anything, I am considering enrolling my kids in private school as they are not as easily persuaded to change by the public and to conform to modern thoughts, philosophies and morals.

Are you saying you don’t want your kids to conform to modern thoughts, morals and philosophies?
Forget paying for private school, send them to fort St. James High. My son thinks a girl who’s had sex once is a slut, bashing people on the head because they’re gay is good and once you hit Grade 9 you have to hate your best friend cuz you’re white and he’s native.
Almost all my kids friends think the moon landing was faked and evolution means we evolved from monkeys. All of their friends smoke dope but believe going out to vote is stupid.
Over 50% of Americans believe evolution is a liberal lie, and over 70% believe in angels. We don’t need them to come make our kids even dumber.

The thing that pisses me off, is that these religious zealots don’t understand that scientists are, by nature, extremely logical people.

If someone can find a more likely explanation, with maybe some supporting evidence, for what modern man is, scientists would be all over it.

But it’s got to have more substance than, “We are so amazing, it must have been God!”

I like traditional values. I’m concerned at how fast the world is changing. You can’t even say Merry Christmas anymore. 20 years ago it was ok to feel one way about an issue such as gay marriage and now if you don’t agree with that philosophy you are way behind the times. Too fast!! I need more time to digest things before someone else starts teaching it to my kids.

I can see why church and state is a separate matter but how do we draw the line between what is theory and what can be deemed Religion?
The debate-

Did some GOD build our bodies, the animals, the earth, stars, etc…???
or…
Was everything just a matter of a complex intermingling of the elements with random life sparking connections???

Out of those two ideas come more questions. Definitions are needed and perceptions have to broaden to cast a view of all existing answers.

Here are just a few to get started-

If God then how? when? where???

Does God wear a suit or is God everything???

If God is separate and adorns a body then is God a Male, female, human, visible, just a feeling, how big, how old, what substance???

If God is everything then wouldn’t everything that happens be Gods plan???

Is consciousness isolated to a living body or can awareness cover regions of space???

How does it look when God creates a planet that is very old and has species that adapted to the planets changes? Does it happen in a flash and stay the same forever, never changing from the moment of creation???
Is it still being created every moment and changing as fast as we perceive???

Beyond the flesh, the matter, the time…getting back to the ONE, the ALL… the Everything… Here is a good question-

Is this all happening in a sequence of time and space or are we just viewing the Whole of all creation in separate terms-Perceiving ONENESS as duality??? :smiley:

[quote=“words”]I can see why church and state is a separate matter but how do we draw the line between what is theory and what can be deemed Religion?
The debate-

Did some GOD build our bodies, the animals, the earth, stars, etc…???
or…
Was everything just a matter of a complex intermingling of the elements with random life sparking connections???

Out of those two ideas come more questions. Definitions are needed and perceptions have to broaden to cast a view of all existing answers.

Here are just a few to get started-

If God then how? when? where???

Does God wear a suit or is God everything???

If God is separate and adorns a body then is God a Male, female, human, visible, just a feeling, how big, how old, what substance???

If God is everything then wouldn’t everything that happens be Gods plan???

Is consciousness isolated to a living body or can awareness cover regions of space???

How does it look when God creates a planet that is very old and has species that adapted to the planets changes? Does it happen in a flash and stay the same forever, never changing from the moment of creation???
Is it still being created every moment and changing as fast as we perceive???

Beyond the flesh, the matter, the time…getting back to the ONE, the ALL… the Everything… Here is a good question-

Is this all happening in a sequence of time and space or are we just viewing the Whole of all creation in separate terms-Perceiving ONENESS as duality??? :smiley:[/quote]

It’s not a theory because its not based off facts, simple as that.

venganza.org/

[quote=“fingahz”]

I like traditional values. I’m concerned at how fast the world is changing. You can’t even say Merry Christmas anymore. 20 years ago it was ok to feel one way about an issue such as gay marriage and now if you don’t agree with that philosophy you are way behind the times. Too fast!! I need more time to digest things before someone else starts teaching it to my kids.[/quote]

Who says you cant say christmas anymore? watch less fox news. Also please see fuckchristmas.org for further information on the fucktards who started this bs. Christmas really has nothing to do with christ anyways please see the above link.

Damn rabbits, trying to take Easter away from Jesus.

I’ve got to say, that was awesome.

[quote=“jesus”]

I like traditional values. I’m concerned at how fast the world is changing. You can’t even say Merry Christmas anymore. 20 years ago it was ok to feel one way about an issue such as gay marriage and now if you don’t agree with that philosophy you are way behind the times. Too fast!! I need more time to digest things before someone else starts teaching it to my kids.

Who says you cant say christmas anymore? watch less fox news. Also please see fuckchristmas.org for further information on the fucktards who started this bs. Christmas really has nothing to do with christ anyways please see the above link.[/quote]

Bill Reilly is an ass…don’t watch it. Who says you can’t say Merry Christmas?? In our society today you have to be politically correct all of the time. Merry Christmas as a greeting is becoming rare. Its reserved for family and friends pretty much now. Happy Holidays is becoming the greeting now. Society has given in to the minorities and a blanket greeting is now essential for those who do not celebrate X-mas.

[quote=“fingahz”]

Bill Reilly is an ass…don’t watch it. Who says you can’t say Merry Christmas?? In our society today you have to be politically correct all of the time. Merry Christmas as a greeting is becoming rare. Its reserved for family and friends pretty much now. Happy Holidays is becoming the greeting now. Society has given in to the minorities and a blanket greeting is now essential for those who do not celebrate X-mas.[/quote]

Umm say merry christmas if you want people will probably happily say it back. If they look at you funny they are just assholes. I am not christian I dont believe in god but if someone says merry christmas/happy holidays I will smile and say it back. Appearing politically correct is for polititions/media not your everyday folk. This “war on christmas” is just to boost ratings with the christian fox viewers.

http://www.venganza.org/piratesarecool4.jpg

the thing is christianity is based on a belift, the under lying issues that surround it are wats changin the morals and the fabrications of our living…we neva want to offened anyone now…wats wrong wit merry christmas been said for years?? just because the fact that sum bastard says u can’t don’t mean u have to stop!! fuck them!!

so HOPE U’S HAD A MERRY CHRISTMAS

AND FUCK ITS 2006 NOW SO HOPE YA HAD A GOD DAMN VERY HAPPY NEW YR !!! lol

http://mail.charleshays.net/~lastr/O+Rly.jpg

http://hackingthemainframe.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10013/normal_owlmedley.gif

Boss.

http://www.flashasylum.com/db/files/Comics/comicrubiks.jpg