Aquaria

Hey people,
In my last thread i heard there was a small movement
to try and get a public aquarium in the city.
I find that pretty interesting. Can anyone give me
any sort of detail on that?
also you have a small aquarium store in town right?
what sort of Animals does it sell? just freshwater or has it got some
Marine?
I was sort of wondering since one of my hobbies is to grow LPS corals
and small anemones is anybody in the town interested and seeing a Reef aquarium store start up?

Q & A’s from Health Canada

Q: The Stanley Cup was recently on tour in my town, and I kissed it. Do I have to worry about being infected by listeria?

A: You are safe. The Stanley Cup has not been in contact with any Maple Leaf product in over 40 years.

[quote=“Cnidocyte”]
Hey people,
In my last thread i heard there was a small movement to try and get a public aquarium in the city. I find that pretty interesting. Can anyone give me any sort of detail on that?

also you have a small aquarium store in town right? what sort of Animals does it sell? just freshwater or has it got some Marine?

I was sort of wondering since one of my hobbies is to grow LPS corals and small anemones is anybody in the town interested and seeing a Reef aquarium store start up? [/quote]

Hey stinging cell,

Answers to your questions from back to front…

I know of a couple people who would be thrilled to see a reef aquarium store - whether it would be enough to base a business on…I can’t say…may be worth a little feasibility lookie-loo…

We only have a single pet store, but Leanne is very open to bringing in what is needed for her clients. She has both fresh and salt water tanks - but only a few of each. She also carries/orders any specialty items you want…within reason.

The public aquarium effort is by the Tidepool Discovery Natural History society - we don’t have a lot of capacity, but we do have a lot of knowledge and contacts. After I am done with the world of federal elections (Oct 14 - don’t forget to vote!!) I can give you more details on that.

In the meanwhile - never ascend faster than your bubbles!

Thanks for the Feedback.
And Yes Reef aquariums are enough to base a business on.
I have been the customer of several.
some of the great advantages to selling certain corals
is that you can actually aqua culture them in a store or at home.
Many say it is rather expensive to do but this is not necessarily the case.
I Know of many species that can be grown quickly within reason.
Its much like Gardening. In fact sometime in the not to distant future id like to show show off some photos of some my own livestock.

LOL that was awsome.