Appreciate what you have

You know, I never valued the use of my arms and legs until I had an operation. For over a week now I have not been able to use my right hand and arm.
Life is so different now. I can not even get shampoo out of a shampoo bottle without a struggle. Styling my hair isn’t possible, cooking is very tricky, pumping toothpaste onto my toothbrush is awkward, doing up buttons is nearly impossible, tying shoelaces isnt even an option, and the list goes on and on.
The worst part of the entire situation is having to ask people for help with things. I feel so helpless and almost lazy.
I feel so much pain and agony for those people who have completely lost their limbs or are permently disabled.
Well like they say, this time too shall pass. I’m counting down the days of healing and am hoping I can use my arm in a week or so. I am very appreciative for all that I have. I would never wish this upon anyone.
So like I said, value and care for what you have. You never know what you have until it is gone.

I know the feeling. DSL went out for a while yesturday…

when i was all into snowboarding, id work on doing everything in life ‘switch’ … pouring juice, forking, spooning, knifing, shampoo opening and pouring, all that regular stuff. you’d be surprised at how ambidextrous you can get with a little practice.

carpi diem

Right now I’m appreciating the fact that it’s quite difficult to paint an even racing stripe on my car with aerosol undercoating.

i think thats because your car is rejecting the rice injection

Rice? Please, I’m trying to mimic the stripe I saw on a ~1970 'Stang.

The only rice injection here is what Sammo Hung gives you in the communal shower.

[quote=“Prudence”]You know, I never valued the use of my arms and legs until I had an operation. For over a week now I have not been able to use my right hand and arm.
Life is so different now. I can not even get shampoo out of a shampoo bottle without a struggle. Styling my hair isn’t possible, cooking is very tricky, pumping toothpaste onto my toothbrush is awkward, doing up buttons is nearly impossible, tying shoelaces isnt even an option, and the list goes on and on.
The worst part of the entire situation is having to ask people for help with things. I feel so helpless and almost lazy.
I feel so much pain and agony for those people who have completely lost their limbs or are permently disabled.
Well like they say, this time too shall pass. I’m counting down the days of healing and am hoping I can use my arm in a week or so. I am very appreciative for all that I have. I would never wish this upon anyone.
So like I said, value and care for what you have. You never know what you have until it is gone.[/quote]

I commend you on the patience it must of took to write all that with one hand.

Someone who can find their digital camera should post a picture of my car on here. The racing stripe turned out fantastic!

Goose: If you see this, channel 7.

[quote=“smartass”]

[quote=“Prudence”]You know, I never valued the use of my arms and legs until I had an operation. For over a week now I have not been able to use my right hand and arm.
So like I said, value and care for what you have. You never know what you have until it is gone.[/quote]

I commend you on the patience it must of took to write all that with one hand.[/quote]

Give credit where it’s due, I’ve typed thousands of words with one hand while the other one was…‘out of commission’, or so to say.