Anyone have any idea what was going on last night?

Streets are usually pretty deserted at 3-4 am in rupert.  The odd drunk straggler or cracker and a few cops.

I was kidding!

I was posting at 3-4 AM.  Did I say that I was driving around at that hour?  Only an idiot would assume that since someone posted at 3-4 AM they must be driving around at the same hour.

For some Odd Reason, I was down at Sevy for the 4 am Hot Dog Call and I seen 5 or 6 cars/trucks driving around and yet not one police. usually there is at least a cruiser that will do there round abouts in the downtown area for the 330-4 timeing, but usually do not see many people out driving lol. maybe it is just me  :imp: I think around 7 pm there should have been a cruiser along 2nd ave…I was driving, and a Truck signaled and turned into my lane. While I was RIGHT beside him! he continude past timmys and there was a red light, He blew it. Some people really need to learn how to pay attention. or just not drive…

pretty touchy there cst foreskin.  maybe you should catch up on your sleep.

He just likes trying to piss people off and get a reaction. It would be way more fun if I cared.  :unamused:

Especially since it’s a 167 dollar fine for operating a phone or other electronic device while driving your car at 3-4 am or anytime :smiley:

hehehe yea, I’ve seen his type. drives around watching everyone at all hours of the day and night then comes online and snivels.  I am just trying to put a little spark into his pathetic life is all.

I’m no expert, but isn’t every spare police officer down at the Olympics right now? I personally know some that have shipped out already. I highly doubt that the BC Northern Winter games is going to get any kind of staffing priority over the Olympics.

Well there will be extra officers here for the tournament next week pulled from the various detachments of the northwest and Bulkley Valley, always happens, sometimes they even have the railway cops here for any waterfront problems.

You know this because of personal knowledge or are you just assuming it’s so because of past practice? Not that it’s a big deal, but past years haven’t had the Olympic’s to compete with for staffing priority.

No inside information, just an educated guess, regardless of the Olympics, doubling the size of the city’s population for a week will require a few extr hands on deck I suspect.

Be watching for the Terrace IRSU for instance, they’ll have lots of time on their hands in the daytime to offer up traffic tickets for recalitrant stop sign enthusiasts and those that insist on using their cel phones, ipods and such while driving.

If you don’t share the theory on extra policing, then don’t complain if you get a ticket! :imp: