Another call for a change of leadership for the NDP

“Under Carole James’ leadership, there has been a steady erosion of our democratic principles. Debate has been stifled, decision-making centralized, and individual MLAs marginalized.” – Part of a damning statement from NDP MLA Jenny Kwan, calling on the party to accept that it’s time for a change and to initiate a leadership contest.

And so it appears to be on, while Carole James may have won the vote two weeks ago that brushed back some of the rebels within the NDP ranks, the coalition to overthrow her seems to be gaining strength and now with a high profile declaration.

Ms. Kwan who seven years ago nominated Carole James for the leadership, has now taken the most public stance yet to insist that her time has passed and that new leadership is required.

(from the blog a town called podunk, click on the link below to see the entire item atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … james.html)

3…2…1… and another one is kicked out of the party.

The NDP will NEVER win BC with Carole James as their leader, those NDP MLA’s that are trying to remove her deserve a medal in my books!

That being said, and as a BC Liberal supporter, I personally hope she sticks around.

[quote=“bthedog”]The NDP will NEVER win BC with Carole James as their leader, those NDP MLA’s that are trying to remove her deserve a medal in my books!

That being said, and as a BC Liberal supporter, I personally hope she sticks around.[/quote]

You must be gay… you couldnt not be gay. No straight guy could take it in teh ass from a group of people for over 10 years and still want to go back for more.

I would be surprised if James kicks Kwan out of the party. If James does that tomorrow then it will fan the flames of dissent within the NDP. I predict that there will be a leadership convention.

Jenny Kwan has earned her seat through the years where as Carol James seems to have sat on her ass ever since she won her position in the NDP. I would think the majority of the Party would understand why
Ms. Kwan stood up with this cry for Carol James to step down for the benefit of the future for the NDP.

I imagine that Ms. Kwan knows her strength within the caucus and doesn’t anticipate that Ms. James is going to toss her, if it does happen she no doubt will bring a large number of the caucus members to the outer circle with her, leaving the leader in a rather unstable situation.

It’s pure power politics, but if you can’t hold the support of over one third of your caucus you have a serious problem on your hands.

Kwan nominated Carole James. And just gave her more reasons than Bob Simpson did to kick her from caucus.
This looks like it.
James is screwed if she does, screwed if she doesn’t.
Has Gregor Roberston’s phone been ringing all day?

Until they ditch her the party does not have hope in hell of getting in…

[quote=“jesus”]

[quote=“bthedog”]The NDP will NEVER win BC with Carole James as their leader, those NDP MLA’s that are trying to remove her deserve a medal in my books!

That being said, and as a BC Liberal supporter, I personally hope she sticks around.[/quote]

You must be gay… you couldnt not be gay. No straight guy could take it in teh ass from a group of people for over 10 years and still want to go back for more.[/quote]

Hey this gay guy would take it up the ass longer from the liberals before putting up with Carole James… I vote NDP but would not want her in leadership…