Andy Winslow looks out from his grain tower

“I became attracted to Prince Rupert, because it’s, in a word, depressing… It rains all the time, and it’s dark and the economy is in the tank.â€

Great summary of Rupert, I think:

“I became attracted to Prince Rupert, because it’s, in a word, depressing. That’ll anger some people who live there, but a lot of people who live there would agree with me. It rains all the time, and it’s dark and the economy is in the tank. When it came time to write, I tried not to stereotype anything, and I think I caught it pretty accurately – the depressed population, people going a bit nutty. I’d be interested to hear what [people in Prince Rupert] think.”

People going a bit nutty indeed!

Yeah it looks like an interesting read, shall have to pick up a copy if it ever arrives in town or at the library.

Not many books feature Prince Rupert as one of the settings, (except for the Phyllis Bowman collection and the Dr. Large ones, plus that Hays’ Orphan book) be interesting to see indeed how the locals enjoy (or not) the portrayal.

Wonder how many of our local “characters” made into fictionalized fame???   

Would be awesome if “The Chairman” had a cameo.

LOL, well that was my first thought, wonder if some of the slightly out of tune buskers we seem to be accumulating have made the epic as well… :wink: