American Cocker Spaniel Puppies for Sale.. Re-homed no earli

American Cocker Spaniel Puppies for Sale… Re-homed no earlier than July 3rd.

Born May 7th, 2012

At this time we have three Puppies left to be reserved, Two females -White with Buff Markings, and One Male White with Buff Markings. 550$ a puppy Firm.
Reserve Deposit is 225$ non refundable, Remainder 325$ is due on or Before June 19, 2012, Re-homed July 3rd (may very a few days as we don’t want all the puppies leaving the same day), we will be willing to work with the new homes.

The puppies will be well socialized with children, other dogs (their parents), are raised with someone at home. Father is White with Buff Markings, weighs 22 pounds slim build, Mother is Buff with white markings she is 17 pounds slim build. This the First and Only litter.

These Cockers have docked tails, dew claws removed, de-wormed, First Shots, Vet Checked, Will be on advantage as well. Documentation will be provided. With the puppy comes puppy paw prints on paper from Week 1, Week 2, etc till week 8 as a keep sake. Also a cd with loads of photo’s and video of your puppy from birth.

There are applications and questions we require to be answered before being considered to be a match, please note that because you answer the questions that does not assure you a puppy. Shots are not an option.

We are looking to have these homes lined up asap, as we would like to start using their proper names, and start training these puppies as soon as possible. These puppies will not be viewed in person until there first shots at 6 weeks, for their safety, however there is plenty of video and pictures available on our “Morrison’s Cocker Spaniels” Page on Facebook Copy Link Below facebook.com/groups/380225888669411/

If you call, I will return your call after 7pm, 2506007886

So many homeless, abused & abandoned dogs everywhere, including Prince Rupert, so when I see dogs for sale my first response is to cringe. At least this breeder appears to be careful and responsible - my hat goes off to you. Glad to hear this is the first and only litter. Once they are no longer cute, and puberty sets in will the adoptive family still be willing and dedicated to the puppy? or will it be dumped & left to die, or tied outside and left in the rain like so many dogs in this town? Please insist on updates & maybe even home checks. There have been Golden Retrievers sold to families in this town that haven’t all ended well. One young dog has been outside tied up for almost all of it’s life. We have driven by many times and while he has shelter, we’ve never seen him walked or played with. He is now very aggressive towards anyone or anything passing his house. The other Golden was happy and a typical young guy. He now has the saddest eyes and appears very lonely & he’s only a year old. I watched his “person” call the dog to him in a happy friendly voice & then ‘spank’ him for wanting to play with my dog. He then leashed the dog roughly and yanked him out of eyesight. The “person” was the one who let the dog off the leash in the first place. Having said that, there are also many kind and wonderful people in PR who truly care about the health and wellbeing of their pets. Good luck finding amazing families for your puppies.

ty, yes there are home checks and more, this was just a brief of info on these puppies. Appreciate the feedback and comments. Feel free to join the group to watch these puppies grow, or to have any other questions answered. Not all breeders are bad, but they need to be responsible for the dogs they help bring in this world.

I don’t begrudge you for breeding your dog, it looks like you are one of few breeders who actually takes care to ensure healthy puppies unlike some previous ads on here… but docking their tails? I realize its what people expect from a cocker spaniel but its pretty cruel and unnecessary.

I’m just curious how you came to the decision to do so or if it was recommended for some reason?

Usually its just expected that cocker’s have docked tails and if possible owners wanted to show them they would have to turn around at 6 months and get them done, which i find to be extremely cruel. At that point it is far more recovery time, and stint at the vets, and way more chance at potential infection. The tails were docked less than 24 hrs after birth as were their dewclaws. As i had advertised these puppies as soon as we knew she was pregnant, potential owners were given the option to request docking or no docking, as I, like most love seeing big wagging tail on most breeds, the responses were still docked. I look at it this way, if it is required i would much rather have them done and put them back in their mothers arms to care for them, keep them warm and loved, then later on when it could be much more traumatic and painful. If i knew the puppies would never be shown or the new owners would never consider docking, i would never do it. But like i said i feel better now then later.

Thanks for responding to my kind of dickish comment in a reasonable manner :smile: someone responsible buy these dogs. Sounds like you actually give a shit about them. Spaniels arent my style but if they were id buy one.

It is good to hear of responsible breeders and owners,poor puppies do not know what they have done to get yelled at or beaten. It is usually a human that thinks the dogs understand english that does the yelling, beating. On a side note I am dealing with a nieghbor that has 3 dogs in his house that never see the light of day,and are in need of a vet’s help. And when our dogs are outside they run to us for help. It is rather sad, the one red lab even tries to get into our basement door if we are out, almost as if she is trying to run anywhere but back to the owner.
We are doing are best to help the dogs but were told we need to catch it on film,so we are. We believe the dogs are loved by the owner but he has a different idea of what dogs need,i.e. walks,vet checks,socializing etc… he provides none of it. But long story short if you are getting dogs be prepared to have a life style change,for the better IMHO. And adpopt if at all possible.

Jesus: TY, I didnt consider you post dickish…LOL I have heard dickish, like wtf why are you paying 125$ to have a xray done of your dog to see the puppies. Well let me see so we know how many puppies should arrive, incase were one short and we dont know they can mold inside our momma, and cause her to be septic etc, and puppies and momma die. so thats why you spend the $$ Thats dickish. When it comes to our animals, we feel they deserve the best, and so will their babies. I respect other ppl for their opinions, everyone is entitled to them. Its very hard to see other ppl treat their pets unfairly, and yes everyones opinions on how to raise and keep there pets but at the end of every day, we try and make our donations, help wherever possible, and be very choosy when finding homes. again thank you for all your opinions and support, appreciated :smile:

I picked up an amazing book called ‘Inside of a Dog/What Dogs See, Smell, and Know’ by Alexandra Horowitz. ISBN is 978-1-4165-8340-0 (or 978-1-4165-8343-1 in paperback) at the Vancouver airport just for something to read on the flight. I recommend it to anyone who likes dogs.

Dr. Stanley Coren is a Professor of Psychology at the University of British Columbia and writes books about dogs and left-handedness and I heartily recommend his books on dogs (I’m not left-handed so haven’t read the others).

His books are available at the local library.

Here’s his perspective on tails.

To dock a dog’s tail is to mute its ability to communicate with other dogs.

Ear docking is another matter since droopy ears don’t communicate well.

However, if either wasn’t medically necessary I wouldn’t do either.

[quote=“logboom”]It is good to hear of responsible breeders and owners,poor puppies do not know what they have done to get yelled at or beaten. It is usually a human that thinks the dogs understand english that does the yelling, beating. On a side note I am dealing with a nieghbor that has 3 dogs in his house that never see the light of day,and are in need of a vet’s help. And when our dogs are outside they run to us for help. It is rather sad, the one red lab even tries to get into our basement door if we are out, almost as if she is trying to run anywhere but back to the owner.
We are doing are best to help the dogs but were told we need to catch it on film,so we are. We believe the dogs are loved by the owner but he has a different idea of what dogs need,i.e. walks,vet checks,socializing etc… he provides none of it. But long story short if you are getting dogs be prepared to have a life style change,for the better IMHO. And adpopt if at all possible.[/quote]

Our neighbor has a young golden retriever. This is a happy, cheerful breed but this dog now has the saddest, most pathetic eyes in the world. We suspect he was purchased from a backyard breeder in Terrace or Prince Rupert who does not care where the dogs go, nor did they do any follow up. I watched the guy yelling at the dog for running towards my dog to play. When he realized that wouldn’t bring him back, he resorted to a “sweet” voice and called him in a “cheerful” voice. Once the dog went to him, he then beat him. This dog was in fetal position, taking it. He now sits in front of his house on a leash but isn’t walked anymore. He flinches when this ‘person’ tries to pat him - clearly handshy and expecting a beating. We tell him he’s a good boy but our neighbor is evil so we can’t offer to help – we can only have our phones ready to catch it on video and report the ba$tard.

I would be doing the same regarding getting it caught on tape, i swear when i hear horrible stories about ppl treating their animals terrible it does remind me why i have more dogs then close friends. I find that most ppl who treat animals poorly generally treat people the same way, and those arnt the type of ppl i want in my life or my dogs lives. And this dog swapping situation that seems to have gotten worse with the use of online sites. people are buying dogs then when either an expense comes up or they finally realize they really shouldnt of gotten one in the first place bc they arnt home enough, dont make the a priority, or the cute wore off. The is a women who i have watched on facebook in the last year got rid of two older dogs bc they didnt like the new puppy, then got rid of the puppy bc they didnt have time, then bought a new puppy and is now selling it to. OBVIOUSLY someone who shouldnt have animals. A pet, any pet is a commitment, and when you say yes it should be with the thought in mind that i will be with this dog till the end. I have three pups left and have had to turn down upwards of 20 applications, bc they either have had 5 dogs in 10 years that havent worked out, i have 6 kids and no income other that welfare, I have a rental that doesnt allow pets but ill sneak it in… etc etc. PPl may say im being a bitch about these dogs, but their our family, dont like it dont apply.

I have been reading with interest this thread regarding your puppies for sale… and while it is really good to see someone who obviously cares where their dogs end up…there are a few things that I think yourself and those wishing to buy your pups should consider…

You mention that you wanted to dock the pups tails in case they were to be shown. I saw on your facebook site that these pups are not registered. If they are not registered with the CKC then they are unable to be shown in Canada…likewise with the AKC in the states.

On a side note in regards to registered dogs in general. There are usually only two reasons for purebred dogs NOT to be registered. Those that have been sold by a breeder of two registered dogs that do NOT wish the puppies to be bred. Either because the breeders do not feel the owners would make responsible breeders or because the pup in question has serious health or structure issues that the breeder does not wish to be passed on. In this case the breeder would have the owner sign a non breeding contract. This would make it impossible (illegal) for the new owners to register the puppies.
The other reason the pups would not or could not be registered is if both the Sire and Dam are not registered. Most often for the above reason.

Having said this…registered puppies do NOT promise you a healthy or long lived pup…but it does increase the odds.

This brings me to my other point. If neither of your breeding pair are registered then it is of the utmost importance that they are checked for health issues. Not simply ‘vet checked’ which is a general exam but the health checks that are needed with this breed.

Were both parents test for FN ? For those reading who are unaware of this condition it’s formal name is Familial Nethropathy. A kidney condition that affects pups from 6-24 months of age and is lethal. This test is a genetic test and should be done on both parents before breeding.

Were both parents eye tested or hip tested? If so…what were their scores?

There is alot of information on the Cocker Spaniel Breed Council website for those interested in purchasing a cocker pup.

Dont get me wrong I have nothing against backyard breeders as long as you do the proper health testing required of your chosen breed. I also understand that you are selling these pups to make a profit but if you are truely concerned for the pups and for the breed please consider cutting your profit margin and offer a free spay and neuter so the new owners do not feel tempted to breed even more cockers with possible health issues.

Pls contact me view the phone number posted in origninal post or the facebook page thank you, i do not check this inbox often, I am not new to this breed and am aware of all tests ect. thanks for your input, so if you would like info pls contact me there.

I wasn’t looking for any information actually. Just was reading this post with interest as I stated above and since you said comments were welcome I thought I would do just that.

I am a huge lover of dogs in general and like most it breaks my heart to see the full S.P.C.A’s and the unwanted dogs left tied up to trees or left in backyards because people do not take the 10 - 15 yr commitment seriously.

I’ve always felt that the more knowledge you have about any topic, dogs included, the better and more informed decision you can make for you and your family.

ty for all the great reply’s, all the puppies are spoken for. Admins feel free to tuck this away.