All Christy's chickens

guess he is like Fox News when they talk about Obama, they use half truths spin a story and ppl believe it

and yes there is a liberal candidate supposed to be announced this week by acclimation.

[quote=“Jabber63”]
and yes there is a liberal candidate supposed to be announced this week by acclimation.[/quote]

Okay. By my count this is the third or fourth announcement of a Liberal candidate for our riding. I will wait and see.

[quote=“BTravenn”]

I wonder how popular Tsakumis will be after the election when he starts regaling us with accounts of the lies, scandals and corruption of the NDP government of Premier Adrian Dix?[/quote]

Tsakumis is arrogant and obnoxious. No question.

Sadly though, he has become popular because our mainstream media have not done the job that several bloggers like Laila Yuile, Harvey Oberfeld, Norm Farrell, Ian Reid and Tsakumis have done about bringing issues up for discussion.

I too will be curious to see how much Tsakumis will be needed when Dix and the NDP have their first screw-up. My guess will be that the mainstream media will miraculously start doing their job - proper investigative reporting - and Tsakumis will become redundant.

And on a side note in regards to bloggers. While far less controversial than the bloggers I mentioned above, our local NorthCoastReview is an incredible resource of local stories especially the summaries of city council meetings. We are certainly living in a period of flux when bloggers are filling a void left by newspapers, radio and TV who are trying to adapt to the expanding world of social media. We are no longer limited to the traditional forms of news coverage.

Agreed. I think it is likely that Dix will be our Premier, but for me it is not a sure thing. It is also likely that the North Coast will be represented by Ms. Rice. This riding will be a wide open race if we have a NDP candidate, a Liberal candidate, and an Independent candidate. Mid May is fast approaching.

I think the BC Liberals will have a serious chance to pick-up this riding if Rice and Larson both run. Even more so if the Greens run a candidate here as well…you will have 3 parties splitting the left and centre-left vote, with the centre-right, right vote clearly going to the Liberals.

So today she says she will not support pipelines unless the Feds reopen the Kitsalino Coast Guard base. CKNW was asking the question do you agree with her.

Well seeing as how we already knew the base was closing, and it was obviously stupid to close the Coast Guard base in the harbour where you want to expand oil shipping - NO!!! She agrees with me months later - on that part at least.
She didn’t open her mouth about the closure until AFTER it happened, now just as an election approaches she comes out with this.
I gotta get out my graphics program and draw a big jar of Kraft Cheez Whiz labelled BC Liberal Party.
Tacky, obvious, disgusting politicking. All the way back to their little stunt ripping off Ontarios “Highway of Heros” and renaming a chunk of road where the closest military thing is a miniscule Motor Pool the size of a gas station.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]
She didn’t open her mouth about the closure until AFTER it happened, now just as an election approaches she comes out with this.
I gotta get out my graphics program and draw a big jar of Kraft Cheez Whiz labelled BC Liberal Party.
Tacky, obvious, disgusting politicking.
.[/quote]

Yeah, that sums up the Liberals.

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]
I gotta get out my graphics program and draw a big jar of Kraft Cheez Whiz labelled BC Liberal Party[/quote]

Yeah, that sums up the Liberals.[/quote]

Can you elaborate in why that sums up the Liberals? I’m not even sure what Cheez Whiz has to do with it.

[quote=“Crazy Train”]

[quote=“hitest”]

Yeah, that sums up the Liberals.

Can you elaborate in why that sums up the Liberals? I’m not even sure what Cheez Whiz has to do with it.[/quote]

spreads on thick but lacks any substance.

[quote=“jesus”]
spreads on thick but lacks any substance.[/quote]

… and the NDP, which I have voted for in the past and may again is an empty box. Their strategy is to say as little as possible, which the much reviled MSM has let them get away with.

Tsakumis is a crackpot. His hyberbole laden pieces ramble on and on and are very predictable: ‘lairs’, ‘scandal’, ‘RCMP investigations’, ‘special prosecutors’ etc and most of it is nonsense. It is kind of like the National Inquirer. I may glance at headlines about whether Elvis is alive and well and living in a secret location in Florida but I don’t have the time. Tsakumis is the same.

In a way I think that it is sad that NDP supporters feel that they need to trot out someone like Alex Tsakumis to bolster their case. But then maybe I am too inclined to look back on the days, long passed, when it was an inspiring party for many of us, when it had a program that was founded on more than just negatives about the other guys.

[quote=“DWhite”]

And on a side note in regards to bloggers. While far less controversial than the bloggers I mentioned above, our local NorthCoastReview is an incredible resource of local stories especially the summaries of city council meetings. We are certainly living in a period of flux when bloggers are filling a void left by newspapers, radio and TV who are trying to adapt to the expanding world of social media. We are no longer limited to the traditional forms of news coverage.[/quote]

North Coast Review, like Opinion250 and Tyee are in a different league from the bloggers you mention. They’re really citizen or independent journalists.

[quote=“BTravenn”]

[quote=“jesus”]
spreads on thick but lacks any substance.[/quote]

… and the NDP, which I have voted for in the past and may again is an empty box. Their strategy is to say as little as possible, which the much reviled MSM has let them get away with.[/quote]

eh i wouldnt say empty box. we dont know whats on the inside but its probably full of shit.

edit: all politicians are pretty much like a flaming paper bag on your doorstep.

Yes. It is a smart strategy. Why say anything while your competitor is busily shooting herself in the foot on a regular basis?

If it came to a choice of BC Liberal vs Flaming Bag of Shit - I’d vote for the bag.
There’s nothing truer than the adage that gov’ts are like diapers - they must be changed often.

Defending them sounds like the old joke about the immigrant lady who took her baby to the doctor.
DOCTOR: My God! No wonder your baby’s sick. There must be 10 pounds of shit in his diaper!
LADY: But doctor - it says 17 to 22 pounds right here on the box.

You ask us to handle even more shit.

The fact that the NDP have not said ONE THING about what they plan to do while in government, with less than 2 months to the election should be a RED FLAG to everyone thinking of voting for them.

Its time for this party to start talking…enough is enough.

At least we know where the Liberals stand (and everyone from the North Coast should be happy about that…their #1 objective is LNG…something that is going to 100% affect everyone in Prince Rupert/Terrace/Kitimat for the better).

The NDP does not need to put out their specific platform until the election is called. Dix has stated that job training is the highest priority he has and that it will be paid for by a corporate tax hike. The Liberals raised the corporate tax in the most recent budget but not quite to the 2008 level that Dix has suggested.

In the end of year interview on Global, Dix was clearly careful on what he was promising supporters. The election timing does not allow the current budget to be fully analyzed before the election is called. Without knowing what the budget looks like, he won’t make all sorts of promises that he can’t fulfill.

On the other hand, he could base his future on a $25B (speculative) oil refinery in Kitimat and LNG revenues that will end not only the provincial debt but get rid of the PST as well. (While that does sound appealing, I would prefer a politician restrain his rhetoric until more information is available.)

As voters, I think we are becoming mature enough to realize that governments cannot give us everything. The Liberals have had there chance. They are looking particularly pathetic right now with the number of “scandals” that have occurred. They really don’t have much of a platform either.

Sometimes a party wears out its welcome and needs to reinvent itself. That’s what is happening to the Liberals right now.

If the NDP is given the opportunity to run the province and if they fail, then four years from now democracy will give us the chance to toss them out as well.

[quote=“bthedog”]The fact that the NDP have not said ONE THING about what they plan to do while in government, with less than 2 months to the election should be a RED FLAG to everyone thinking of voting for them.
[/quote]

Cough HST Cough

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]If it came to a choice of BC Liberal vs Flaming Bag of Shit - I’d vote for the bag.
[/quote]

Hahahaha ++

Cough HST Cough[/quote]

Haha, touche. But I am a supporter of the HST and voted to keep it…so that really didn’t bother me at all.

Its too bad that the BC Liberals brought it in the way they did…that has ultimately sunk them.

It was the right decision to bring in the HST, they just went about it in a VERY bad way.

[quote=“DWhite”]The NDP does not need to put out their specific platform until the election is called. Dix has stated that job training is the highest priority he has and that it will be paid for by a corporate tax hike. The Liberals raised the corporate tax in the most recent budget but not quite to the 2008 level that Dix has suggested.

In the end of year interview on Global, Dix was clearly careful on what he was promising supporters. The election timing does not allow the current budget to be fully analyzed before the election is called. Without knowing what the budget looks like, he won’t make all sorts of promises that he can’t fulfill.

On the other hand, he could base his future on a $25B (speculative) oil refinery in Kitimat and LNG revenues that will end not only the provincial debt but get rid of the PST as well. (While that does sound appealing, I would prefer a politician restrain his rhetoric until more information is available.)

As voters, I think we are becoming mature enough to realize that governments cannot give us everything. The Liberals have had there chance. They are looking particularly pathetic right now with the number of “scandals” that have occurred. They really don’t have much of a platform either.

Sometimes a party wears out its welcome and needs to reinvent itself. That’s what is happening to the Liberals right now.

If the NDP is given the opportunity to run the province and if they fail, then four years from now democracy will give us the chance to toss them out as well.[/quote]

I am not going to deny the scandals of the BC Liberals…that being said…there is NO denying the benefit they have brought to this province over the last decade as far as the economy goes…something the NDP could not do during their scandal-ridden decade in power.

The Liberals have laid the ground work for this province’s future…the economy is much brighter/stronger at the end of their run, then it was for the NDP at the end of theirs.

Job training is good, but I certainly do NOT support increase in the corporate tax rate reverting back to the 2008 level to pay for it…that is not going to help corporate investment in this province at all. The private sector PAYS for this provinces public sector…taxing it to death is not the way to go.

There is a reason why the private sector has absolutely NO HOPE in the NDP. It is a very scary prospect for the business community/private sector to continue to operate in a political environment that does not support them and sees them as a personal piggy bank.