Advance polling

Let us all get out and vote. Election day is May 2, 2011.
You can also vote in an advanced poll April 22, 23, and 25th. The advance polling station is in the Rupert Square Shopping Centre. You may vote, starting today, from 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m.

BUMP!!!

Done. The wait was minimal in the mall. :smile:

Thanks for the heads up Hitest! :smile:

I have voted via special ballot at the nearest elections office since I’ve moved out of riding. If you’re out of riding during advanced polling and general election days and NOT a student living on campus, you can vote on the special ballot until April 26th, 18:00 local time. All you need is to visit the nearest Elections Canada office, bring your government issued photo ID and SIN card, and know who to vote for in your local riding. Very important that you know the exact name (spelling) of the candidate because the special ballot is a write-in ballot; writing the name of the party apparently spoils the ballot.

More info here: bit.ly/iaVl38

Do your duty as a Canadian. VOTE.

[quote=“PLA”]Thanks for the heads up Hitest! :smile:
[/quote]

You are very welcome. I get a lot of satisfaction when I participate in the democratic process. It is the time when I feel that I can truly make a difference. :smile:

When are we eligible to vote in advance?

There are several hundred advance polling stations set-up across Canada. Take a look at your voter identification card it should tell you the time and place where you can vote. Advance polling is available today and Monday.
Let us get out and vote, people! :smile:
Election day is May 2, 2011.

I didn’t receive a voter identification card because I am not at a permanent address at the moment, I am still interested in voting though.

Did anyone see the Email that NDP’s Jack Layton sent everyone? They’re gonna prohibit ISPs from metering the internet, force Canadian Telecom’s to ensure we have the best technology for our internet, ETC ETC.

[quote=“AndrewMorgan444”]I didn’t receive a voter identification card because I am not at a permanent address at the moment, I am still interested in voting though.
.[/quote]

You can still vote on election day. Bring picture identification and some evidence that you live at your current, albeit temporary address (maybe something like a BC Hydro bill). That’s what I did when I was temporarily living down south in Delta years ago. Here is a link about voter identification requirements

Elections Canada On-line

[quote=“AndrewMorgan444”]
Did anyone see the Email that NDP’s Jack Layton sent everyone? They’re gonna prohibit ISPs from metering the internet, force Canadian Telecom’s to ensure we have the best technology for our internet, ETC ETC.[/quote]

No, I didn’t see it. Can you start a new thread about it?

Did my duty and feel much better , no complaints everything went very well…lol

Advance polls close today at 8:00 p.m. You have another opportunity to vote early on Monday.

Today is the last chance to vote before the election on May 2, 2011. Advance polls are open today from 12:00-8:00 p.m. :smile:

Don’t they count the advance polls last? And sometimes not at all, if there’s a landslide? I heard that somewhere, just curious if it’s true.

No. I asked that same question. The advance poll votes get counted on May 2nd.

[quote=“hitest”]

No. I asked that same question. The advance poll votes get counted on May 2nd.[/quote]

Yeah but WHEN on may 2nd?

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]

No. I asked that same question. The advance poll votes get counted on May 2nd.

Yeah but WHEN on may 2nd?[/quote]

All the ballots are counted on May 2nd. I would need some pretty strong proof before I would give credibility to the idea that significant numbers of ballots are going uncounted in our riding or elsewhere.
Let us all get out and vote Monday, May 2nd. :smile:

I am sure that the advance poll is counted on May 2 with all the others. I am not sure where they hide the ballot box in the meantime.

I am not sure how mail in ballots are counted. They are supposed to arrive in Ottawa by May 2, but I don’t know how they are counted or how the results are communicated.

[quote=“DWhite”]I am sure that the advance poll is counted on May 2 with all the others. ** I am not sure where they hide the ballot box in the meantime.**

I am not sure how mail in ballots are counted. They are supposed to arrive in Ottawa by May 2, but I don’t know how they are counted or how the results are communicated.[/quote]

I would assume they have security protocols in place and the advance ballots are kept under lock and key. Perhaps it is the mail-in ballots you are thinking of, bubbasteve735.

Could be. i was just curious anyways. I’ll be voting on May 2nd, I didn’t see any reason to vote before then. :stuck_out_tongue: