Admin pass word?

I was given an old school comp. for my kids and was wondering how to get rid of the admin password? Would i have to get it professionally wiped clean or what? Can I do it at home… I am not the most savy but if some one can give me step by step instructions it would be greatly appreciated!

I googled and found this that might be helpful:

mydigitallife.info/2007/05/2 … p20032knt/

or, if you have a windows disc, boot to the disc and do a fresh installation, or be adventurous and download and install Ubuntu. Ubuntu is free and has loads of free software and is super-easy to use…just looks a bit different.

Good Luck

[quote=“Northern Chick”]I was given an old school comp. for my kids and was wondering how to get rid of the admin password? Would i have to get it professionally wiped clean or what? Can I do it at home… I am not the most savy but if some one can give me step by step instructions it would be greatly appreciated!

If you are in Rupert ? Take it to databoy, they can get it all fixed up and done properly for ya :smile:

thanks!

new admin account:
Reboot
Hold “command + s” down …. after you hear the chime.
When you get text prompt enter in these terminal commands to create a brand new admin account (hitting return after each line):
mount -uw /
rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
shutdown -h now
After rebooting you should have a brand new admin account. When you login as the new admin you can simply delete the old one and you’re good to go again!

Oh wait that’s for Mac OSX…lol
my bad