A teeter totter for you and a see saw for me!

Three years after ripping the equipment out of a number of local tot parks, the City has begun to give some thought to reopening and replacing some of the swings, see saws and such that provided a bit of entertainment to the younger ones over the years.

At the time, much of the equipment in a number of the parks was deemed unsafe and the city strapped for funds at the time chose to just plow over its fields rather than replace the antiquated and damaged equipment

Now it seems that the civic budget situation is apparently in better shape, and local politicians are beginning to ask if perhaps the city couldn’t spend a few dollars on the old park sites to fix them up for the community…

( from  the blog a town called podunk,  click on the link below to see the entire article atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … 0136810861 ) -

That sounds like a good idea.  My 5 year old would love new equipment.  Moose Tot park looks better now.

This is long overdue! The city playgrounds, except Moose Tot are a disgrace.  Things will get worse should three of our schools close as the playgrounds there will be taken out too.  They are not up to safety standards anymore and all school playground equipment with the exception of Lax Kxeen will need to be replaced.  Should Westview close, the only playground in section 2 will be gone and this neighborhood will go downhill as families will seek child friendly neighborhoods with playgrounds and schools.

This is definitely a good idea.  I always love taking my kids to the park when it was nice out.  The hardest part was convincing them when it was time to go home. 

It was an absolute disgrace that the city was so cheap that they levelled the playgrounds in town.  They couldn’t find a small amount of money to maintain something good for the children of this community and to help attract new families here.  Yet, they managed to put hundreds of thousands into the cruise ship terminal and subsequent uplands development, have given CityWest a free ride in it’s financial responsibilities to the municipality and pay the city administrator’s wife to do nothing.

No you must be mistaken! Wasn’t this the council elected under the banner of accountability and transparency??