8 Cents Cheaper in Terrace?

To those who think that gas prices are higher in Rupert because it’s 144 KMs further down the road:    Why is it cheaper in Terrace than in Fraser Lake?

Jesus:  it cost me $43 to gas up.

sounds like a few of us were in Terrace today, I was going to fill up on gas but what the hell, came home and did it.

the little fellow I caught on the side of the road.

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

99.5 up and down Vancouver Island.

What really gets me is the fact that Gas in Vancouver includes a tax by the GVRD of 11 cents per litre, for the transit system, yet they are still able to provide cheaper gas than our local entrepreneurs .  I know that Northwest fuels and Petro Canada have joined forces to provide gasoline in Prince Rupert.  I know that it was announced specifically for marine gas; however, if they have any other “arrangements” this could really fix the prices to petro cans favor.  I know that I will always fuel up in Terrace when I have a chance.  I have to travel back and forth twice a week.

105.4 cents/L for regular along Willingdon Ave in Burnaby.

[quote]the little fellow I caught on the side of the road.

http://hackingthemainframe.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8133.0;attach=2162;image[/quote]

So when are you going to export this little fellow?

When I go to training at BCIT, class starts at 7:30am… I get to school about 7:00, and the two gas stations at Willingdon and Canada Way will be like $0.90/L. Class gets out at 2:30, and I’m heading home, and the same two stations will be up to $1.08/L.

I’d never given it much thought before, but those stations have wildly varying prices based on the time of day.

Yeah I know, they change like every hour on average…

Yeah I guess it seems fitting that gas is cheaper in Terrace, since a lot of us love to shop there. I was there also and saw the $102.9 gas and saw on arrival home that ours is still $110.9…  It has been that way for weeks now.  I see where Safeway was even less in another post.  I love shopping at CDN Tire/ Staples/ Walmart I often feel ripped off here by local merchants, but I don’t blame local gas stations as prices are set at head office. 
Keep shopping out of town and buying gas out of town; maybe if we do it might send a signal and lower prices here.  I love the selection and choices up there. 

Everybody in every community complains about the “local merchants” to try and scam them into dropping their prices. Grow up. For the most part, they’re doing the best they can (natch, there are some rip-off artists) and all this posturing hasn’t changed them and won’t.

By the way, Astro, are you going to hang that squirrel on your wall or use it for native dancing?

oh I could not care less if they ever come down in price…
My shopping center is Terrace …  I stocked up for winter incase roads get bad
Grocery Stores in town are fair priced but the rest I try not to deal with too much.
Stores like Marks, Zellers are fine other others no way…

I love to see your gas bill…

You could care less?  Or you couldn’t?

I corrected  it  “could not care less”

again, can you give examples of rip-offs?? or reasons to black ball a store???
its weird because some people just have this blatant hate
for shopping in rupert. its like some kind of cool trend yet they have
no real reason or fail to give one.

im not to sure what ‘Marks’ is or what you mean by ‘other others no way’.
:confused:

Just for your info, Terrace Cityhall reports over 20,000 living in town. Concerning gas prices? Gas prices are not changed at the same time by the gas stations! You must be living in the West End of town. Because Petro Canada station always raising their prices 3-4 days before the other stations follow suit.

For your info, Hato, most web searches (including StatsCan) will tell you Terrace’s population is about 12,000 but city hall likes to include the little places around it (Thornhill, in particular) to get a “regional population.”  There is no way there are 20,000 people in Terrace.

Its back was broken so I rung its little neck got my jacknife and skinned the F@cker and started a little camp fire and cooked that sumbitch right there on the side of the road… yum yum.

if you had some aluminum foil you could have put him in the engine compartment ate him when you got to where you were going  :wink:

Nice idea. Throw in a little Montreal steak spice and that would be awesome. :smile: