7-11 Speakout

The Unofficial 7-Eleven Speak Out Wireless Canada Consumer Page… FAQ

speakoutwireless.ca/

Free $5 airtime credit on Speakout for filling in a survey:

speakout7eleven.ca/pages/survey/index.php

Hey thanks Mig!!!

Sure would be nice if they could bring some phones in to the local store before the end of the month, last weeks shipment never showed up, be interesting to see when the next one arrives…  :neutral_face:

Saw one on the shelf there yesterday.

LOL then somebody should tell the staff when they are in, as they told me on Saturday that they had none in and didn’t know when they were going to get their next shipment.

Didn’t have any there today when I stopped in, though they were hopeful to see more by the end of the week, so who knows for sure…

Guess it all depends on who you talk to and at what time…

i got a phone call in the morning to pick mine up…

the phone is really basic, nice and small… battery life seems really good, still full after a full day…
need to buy a Iphone to put the SIM card into …hehehe

This turns out to be more like a lottery than a promotion.  Only the lucky one get a phone.
I talked to a friend today and she told me that she got her phone on Monday. She just happened to call them to inquire - I had told her about the phones a few weeks back- and they said that they had some in and she could come down and pick one up.  However, when she got there she was told that there is a waiting list and they wouldn’t give her a phone because she wasn’t on it. They realized they made her come down for for no reason and sold her the phone/airtime.

Looks like somebody on the waiting list has to wait a bit longer.
Good luck!

What the heck!  We have gone in there several times this week and never told us about a wait list!  Asses!

My mom has been down a couple of weeks in a row trying to get one of these things. On Monday she finally got one who told her about the waiting list.

Well im posting from my new nokia e61e WAHOO. Yup its nice, put a skype client on it so i can make free calls :wink: also tossed on a google maps clieent which does scary things like show you an approximation of your location (no gps) and it was within three blocks!  signed up on a rogers pay as yoy go plan

This is what’s happening – store originally ordered several phones, received only three and they sold out in one day. Next order placed was received days later than expected, was supposed to arrived last week, showed up on Monday and was again short of what was ordered. All the phones were gone by day end. The waiting list – created by all those customers who came in and said, hey can I just leave my name and number ?, – is lengthy and about two weeks in the making. Monday’s phones went to those waiting the longest. The next batch of phones is supposed to come in by the 29th. Provided the supplier actually sends the amount of phones ordered this time around there will be enough to outfit everyone on the existing wait list with some leftover.

Oh, and that “phone” on the back counter someone saw? It’s just an empty display box.

Regards,
bc_girl

Thanks for the info!

welcome to HTMF And Thank you bc_girl, for the phone…

great investment… :smiley:

Thanks bc_girl!  My hubby is going to go in and put his name on that “wait list”.  We’ve been trying to get one of those phones forever! 

I just bought $100 airtime for Futuregirl, and they gave me a free phone.  So they have some there now.

They’re Nokia 1208s, which are the cheap versions of the (already pretty cheapo) Nokia 1600.  But hey, free SIM :wink:

I’m gonna sell 2 Nokia 1600s and a couple of SIMs on eBay soon.

speakout7eleven.ca/pages/promotions/

Another promotion until end of June. :smile:

Okay so I have an LG rumour that got dropped … still works okay but need another phone for oldest child perhaps. I buy airtime for $100 and get the free cheap phone, and then go rogers for a pay as you go plan? So you fill it up and it costs like 30 cents a minute or so?

Thanks for the help!

Umm, no, you buy the free cheap phone and use it on the 7-11 Speakout plan… at $0.20/minute.

Otherwise you’d be paying $100 for a Nokia 1208, which I imagine isn’t a very good value.