7-11 free phone deal on again

Story with a happy ending so far and sorry to be so long for the update.  Phone is working and so far seems to be sending and receiving calls.  I am seriously thinking about cancelling my Citywest phone but the recycler in me doesn’t want to just abandon a working phone.  It’s not just about having my phone number I’ve had for years, but about not being able to get texts sent from a computer.  I hope that Speakout continues with the free phone altho I’m not sure I like the sound quality on the free phone.  Anyone know how long these free phone deals go on for?  I am watching my Citywest usage to see how much a minute it’s costing me plus I am watching to see how many calls it is dropping.  I like to shop locally but there comes a point when I can’t justify it.  I expect my phone to die sometime soon as January is two years.  This is the biggest reason to not lock into anything more than a one year contract.  I have had cellphones since they were monster size and I find that two years is around the point where they crap out whether it’s the battery or the phone.  So once I leave Citywest that will leave only one phone in the house that is Citywest and 5 that are other carriers.  Message to Citywest:  have a look at your service and your rates because plenty of us would shop local and pay a few more dollars a month but we are not willing to suffer poor service and extorn-rate fees/terms of service.  Competition is a good thing.  Unless you work for the monopoly.

Thx for the headsup with the ending on December 31.  I am thinking I will buy the free phone with the $100 (actually it was $130 airtime with promotions) just to have on hand.  Thx also on the headsup about the free 250 area code calls for regular airtime.  That surely works for me.

Another neat thing about these phones is that my wife broke the screen on her one year old phone and to correct the issue was simple.  I bought another $100 of airtime, got a free phone, took the old SIM card and placed it in the new phone.  Solved her problem, without fuss, as she got a new phone, with the old credit, plus the new airtime that I just bought.

Hey if you have a spare Speakout SIM they go for about $30 on eBay or on the unofficial speakout forum.

Cool, plus it has $5 on it.  I already activated it so it has a local 600 number too.

bought the $99.00 speakout phone + 100 mins. I love it, and happy to tell you all thanks for the info here…would’nt of purchased one if I had’nt heard about it here on HTMF    :smiley: