50 Shades of Grey

Has anyone read this or is reading this now?
My interest was piqued by social media and now I’m seeing what all the fuss is about.

…or is this more for “Hacking the Mainframe (after dark)” ?

It’s alright so far…but they haven’t really gotten into the nitty gritty of it all yet

here’s a wiki page to explain why it’s getting all the buzz:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifty_Shades_of_Grey

“The Fifty Shades Trilogy was developed from a Twilight fanfiction originally entitled…”

Speaking of Twilight, this is how it should have ended…

It appears that Florida libraries have banned this book.

floridatoday.com/article/201 … ck_check=1

The book is, of course, available at the Prince Rupert Library for the curious. Feel free to follow the link and place a hold. catalogue.bclibraries.ca/opac/en … 1&rt=title

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.” ~Jo Godwin

[quote=“Soggy”]It appears that Florida libraries have banned this book.

floridatoday.com/article/201 … ck_check=1[/quote]

Now three states have banned it.

Hmm. And there’s no such thing as bad publicity… who said that? Anyway, never heard of this book until now. Must check it out.

We have had the Trilogy in and have sold out as of today. We will be getting more in right away!!!

awesome to see our local library is on board as well as our local book stores !

Florida is no surprise. I used to live there. Bible belt country. And more than once, I’ve seen it slip around people’s necks.

x

Just got it. Looks interesting all right. I can see why it would be banned. As soon as I finish the Book of Negroes, 50 Shades is the next up.

more like 50 shades of gay am I rite guyz?

The book???
I thought you were talking about the weather.

Ok, I’ve started reading 50 Shades of Grey. I only got it because of all this publicity. Had I known it was written by a woman (SORRY), and that the main character is a 20-something American college girl and that Grey is the name of a guy she’s got the hots for, I probably wouldn’t have got it. It’s a step above a Harliquin romance, but it does have some erotic bits up ahead so I will probably keep reading it anyway.

lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2USSC25xc4)

OK, I’ve read as much as I can stand, not that it’s graphic or anything. It’s just that I can see where it’s all going (and it DOES have a direction other than S&M). If I was a 20-ish College woman, I might like it, but I’m not and I just find it boring. So good-bye to the Grey trilogy.

Can’t recommend unless you’re a young woman and don’t worry about bondage.

Probably banned because of it’s bad writing and less than credible plot.

The sad, but honest truth.

I’m with Gunnar - I’m having a hard time reading the book because it’s not particularly well written. Grey “murmurs” waaaay too much and well I just kept thinking, this is sooooo hollywood… both young, good looking and of course he’s a billionaire.

Usually books are better than the movie, but my guess is the movie they make (and they are making one) will be better than the book…

Hold on to your hats and wallets everyone - now there is an album of the 50 shades of grey classical music coming out!! Is the first book with its own soundtrack??? Let’s see - music to uk by. Mine was Dan Hill.

Is this reality imitating art?

www2.canada.com/calgaryherald/ne … a86d9d431e