3rd Community meeting Tuesday Nov. 2 @ 7pm

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that the 3rd community meeting will be held on Tuesday Nov. 2 at 7 pm at the Civic Centre auditorium. The topics are recreation programs, greenhouse gas reductions, health programs, transportation and general information. Hope to see you there.

[quote=“MiG”]

Well I hope this meeting doesn’t have any of the above!

[quote=“AnnaA”]Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that the 3rd community meeting will be held on Tuesday Nov. 2 at 7 pm at the Civic Centre auditorium. The topics are recreation programs, greenhouse gas reductions, health programs, transportation and general information. Hope to see you there.[/quote]

Anna, I understand people may ask questions and/or write their questions down. What happens to those questions that are submitted? Are they taken serious or are they shredded?

Thank you and Gina for trying to give the public the opportunity to ask questions.

[quote=“Bettyboop86”]

Anna, I understand people may ask questions and/or write their questions down. What happens to those questions that are submitted? Are they taken serious or are they shredded? [/quote]

Hi Betty,

What is happening is that all questions and comments that are submitted and the session notes are being compiled by staff. When the meetings are over they will be summarized and put on the website and also given to council and staff for consideration and next steps. I personally take all of the questions seriously and will be trying to get answers for people and or trying to find ways to deal with issues and concerns.

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks

Anna

[quote=“AnnaA”]

[quote=“Bettyboop86”]

Anna, I understand people may ask questions and/or write their questions down. What happens to those questions that are submitted? Are they taken serious or are they shredded? [/quote]

Hi Betty,

What is happening is that all questions and comments that are submitted and the session notes are being compiled by staff. When the meetings are over they will be summarized and put on the website and also given to council and staff for consideration and next steps. I personally take all of the questions seriously and will be trying to get answers for people and or trying to find ways to deal with issues and concerns.

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks

Anna[/quote]

Thank you Anna!! I do hope what you say really does happen as I have heard before that staff passes info they want to council to make decisions and comments addressed. I believe they do not get all the information, this time I hope they do and communication back to those who did leave their names and contact info. (I mentioned shredding because I know of one individual who did apply for a committee with cover letter of interest with the committee and resume and told that only a list of names went to council to consider appointees, the resumes and cover letter was shredded). Good Luck and hopefully we do see changes. :smile:

Just wanted to let people know that another thing that will be being discussed under the topic of greenhouse gas reduction is a proposed bike route being worked on by the Green Advisory Task Force. If you are a cyclist you may be interested in giving some feedback on this.

Just a reminder that the 3rd community meeting is tonight. Hope to see you there.

Under attended again, but still worth the time. I was face to face with five of the councilors. I wasn’t paying attention, but I am pretty sure the sixth was at a table I didn’t visit.

I went to two tables, the ones on health and recreation. I didn’t clue in until after coming home, but I think there can be a lot more co-ordination between the various bodies in town. This isn’t a criticism because it is being done. I just wonder if more can be done so that overlapping doesn’t occur and more people can be involved.

For example,in the discussion on health, I asked what the city can do seeing that health is actually a provincial area. Gina quickly responded that the city can be advocates. The discussion spun in different directions but recreation came up and how the dietitian for example meets people at the civic during walking club or some other activity.

I am just wondering how much communication occurs between the health board, the school board, the city, and any other organizations to see where everyone can work together to reach a common goal that might not be possible by working alone.