3rd Annual Dinner Series Fundraiser at North Pacific Cannery

North Pacific Cannery National Historic Site is excited to announce it’s 3rd Annual Dinner Series fundraiser, set for Thursday August 14th and Friday August 15th, 2014. Chef Adrienne Johnston will be serving up a locally-inspired three-course dinner complete with specially paired wine (two 3 oz. glasses). Seatings are available every half hour from 5-8:30pm, for a maximum of 8 people per half hour. Your delicious meal will be enhanced not only by your historic surroundings, but also the remarkable river-side scenery and atmosphere of North Pacific Cannery.

This event promises to be a memorable evening for all who attend, with an exceptional price of just $70 per person – an outstanding value for an intimate three-course dinner by a 'local celebrity' chef. Reservations can be made by calling the Cannery at (250) 628-3538 – but don't delay - tables and seating times are filling up fast! Please note that all reservations must be paid in advance due to our Special Occasions License for the event. Additional wine will be available for purchase, but please plan in advance for a safe ride home.

Come support this important and beautiful national treasure by relishing in the flavours, flora, and fauna of Northern British Columbia, and celebrate the 125th Anniversary of North Pacific Cannery (1889-2014). Your attendance and support are crucial to the continued preservation and restoration of the Cannery, as well as the history of the canning and fishing industries along the Skeena River and in the greater Prince Rupert area. We look forward to seeing you there!

About North Pacific Cannery: North Pacific Cannery National Historic Site is the longest-running cannery in BC's history, and the oldest intact cannery on the west coast of North America. It was built in 1889 and operated as a cannery until 1968, when it was sold and operated as a reduction plant (fish oil) until 1980. It was purchased as a historic site in the early 1980s, and as such has retained many of its original buildings and features. For more information, please visit: northpacificcannery.ca.

Location and Contact Info:
North Pacific Cannery National Historic Site
1889 Skeena Drive
Port Edward, BC
V0V 1G0
(250) 628-3538
northpacificcannery.ca
facebook.com/­NorthPacificCannery
twitter.com/NPCannery
youtube.com/­user/NPCannery

Does anyone know if there’s a non-fish or seafood choice on the menu?

So $70:00 per customer and you have a half hour to eat and try this chef’s tasty meal . I experienced something like that at the Crest a few times when I went for supper with my lady , but it certainly did not cost 70 bucks and we had a young lady who kept coming by and asking us if we wanted the bill about three or four times , but we took our time and enjoyed our evening . Well enjoy I guess .