Zellers closing June 2nd

Last day for Zellers will be June 2nd., there will be no more shipments either after the sale they are having this week, starting tomorrow. Walmart will take about 6-8 months to organize thier store, will be the same size as what we have now but if you think shopping is scarce now, 8 months without a major retailor, I guess Fields it will be or trips to Terrace.

rarely go there now as it is . but im sure ill go to walmart :smile:

Probably the reason they are going full throttle in what will be Shoppers and Dollarama.

Walmart is planning for a October 2012 opening.

Unfortunate for those who use them; and their employees.
But to be honest I haven’t used them in probably a year.
Or Walmart in Terrace either…

NO WAY does Wal-Mart take 8 months to set up shot…that would be INCREDIBLY stupid for them to bypass November and December, the two biggest shopping months of the year by a country mile.

All the “rumours” i have heard has them opening late Sep or late Oct.

And a newly renovated Wal-Mart, even one as small as this one will be, will be better than Zellers.

Also in the meantime we will have all of the following to fill the shopping void:

-New Shoppers Drug Mart
-New Dollarama
-Fields
-The Bargain Shop
-Rona/Home Hardware
-Your Dollar Store
-Overwaitea/Safeway

More than enough to keep me running to Terrace.

[quote=“bthedog”]NO WAY does Wal-Mart take 8 months to set up shot…that would be INCREDIBLY stupid for them to bypass November and December, the two biggest shopping months of the year by a country mile.

All the “rumours” i have heard has them opening late Sep or late Oct.[/quote]

Well, that’s a bit more than 8 months, then, isn’t it? 8 months from next week’s sale is early September. Just like everyone else in this thread has said.

I heard it is opening end of November but if you factor in possible reno delays etc., who the hell knows? I hope they hire some better trained staff than they have on board now, some of them are definitely lacking in customer service skills and would be nice to walk through the store and not have to pick up the clothes lying all over the floor!

[quote=“zerocool”]

[quote=“bthedog”]NO WAY does Wal-Mart take 8 months to set up shot…that would be INCREDIBLY stupid for them to bypass November and December, the two biggest shopping months of the year by a country mile.

All the “rumours” i have heard has them opening late Sep or late Oct.[/quote]

Well, that’s a bit more than 8 months, then, isn’t it? 8 months from next week’s sale is early September. Just like everyone else in this thread has said.[/quote]

How so? The OP said Zellers is closing June 2nd…so I would assume that to mean we will still be able to shop there up to June 2nd…then the OP said we will not have a major retailer for 8 months as Wal-Mart starts to renovate/reorganize…that to me reads 8 months from June 2nd (not from the sale), since how can Wal-Mart start doing anything in there until Zellers vacates in June.

Also…who else said it would be opening in September? No one else in this thread before I posted said that except for 1 person who said it will open in Oct…so that hardly constitutes as “like everyone else in this thread has said”.

Totally agree!! The staff at Zellers is HORRENDOUS (outside of a few really good workers who often look annoyed with their co-workers)

Oh I would not worry Walmart did not become as big as it is by carrying dead weight. The staff have to reapply and Walmart will pick and choose who they keep. Walmart will get that looking like a store not a dumping grounds…
Shape up or ship out will be the motto. I am really looking forward to the change. It will be small for a walmart but they will do it right!

I know (personally related to someone who is currently training to work at the store opening here) they are aiming for a Oct 2012 opening…and yes anyone wishing to work at Walmart is going to have to apply and go through the Walmart application procedure just like everyone else.

And just incase you missed it the first time…Walmart is AIMING (company is hoping for) an opening in OCTOBER 2012

^ Oct opening makes MUCH more sense!

Thanks for letting us know…any idea on what the renovation plans entail?

Unfortunately I have not been told of any renovation plans/procedures. If I hear anything I will be sure to pass it on.