YPR craps the bed again!

Thank you YPR for not doing the proper maintenance on the de-icer and posibly cancelling all the flights out of Prince Rupert for a week. Some one needs to be FIRED…

What?

Which flights were cancelled?

Morning flights cancelled for sure. 7 spots on the Terrace flight left as of right now… What i heard was that it could take up to a week to fix the de-icer.

Is that Air Craft Decicer or runway? I have never been on a flight that was de- iced at Digby…

I do not believe YPR (Airport Authority) has the contract for aircraft de-icing and/or mainenance of equipment.

I think the de-icer belongs to farwest.

It won’t cancel all the flights. It all depends on the weather here. Once it starts raining and warms up it should be fine… And yes it is Farwest that does de-icing.

It was a mechanical issues!!!

typical farwest/firstbus business operations.
saturday the luggage truck broke down on digby
almost every charter requires a rescue back up bus…amazing bc transit…bc minister of highway safety nor air canada has shit canned them

[quote=“mcsash”]typical farwest/firstbus business operations.
almost every charter requires a rescue back up bus…amazing bc transit…bc minister of highway safety nor air canada has shit canned them[/quote]

Want some cheese with that wine!!!

Let me ask you this do people’s personal vehicle breakdown ummmm yes they do. Not everything runs prefectly to your standards.

I can safely say that my vehicle dos not break down as much as Far West buses. Seriously, is it it not a little embarrassing when you are getting on the Blue Bird at the airport and the people from out of town are looking around like “WTF?”

Maybe people should post some overheard comments from tourists. Here’s one; “I feel like we are going to summer camp!”

[quote=“Speedy”]

Let me ask you this do people’s personal vehicle breakdown ummmm yes they do. Not everything runs prefectly to your standards.[/quote]

For a service which WE pay for, why can’t we expect consistent service? Our airport is a joke, traveling out of town is an all day affair even without delays, add in buses or luggage transport breaking down and the whole handling of our own luggage, this is an experience I will only do if I really need to.

You are right. We pay for it. Problem is, there are only about 60,000 passengers per year going through the airport. That doesn’t really generate much revenue.

If you want sufficient levels of redundancy, so that mechanical breakdowns do not impede service, you need more revenue so that there is enough money available to purchase sufficient spare parts and or equipment. Increasing revenue means either passenger volume needs to go way up, or the fares need to increase. It is unlikely that passenger counts will significantly increase in the near future so would you like the airlines to add another $25.00 to your ticket for fleet maintenace costs?

Frankly, I think we are pretty luck to have, more or less regular, service in Prince Rupert given the size of our population.

Finally, I believe that it can be termed at best, “unfortunate” the instigator of this thread used the Subject Heading that he/she used. In doing so, they have belittled the work and effort of alot of people. In the last analysis, the statement is literally and metaphorically simply incorrect.

Weather permitting : Flights are back on tomorrow. Machinery is fixed. I talked to the manager of First Canada.

A much more reasonable and useful approach than MadMax-type inaccurate rants! Kudo’s, JB

You contradict your own opening rant? Brilliant. And no acknowledgement of your mistake? Gutless.
Having somebody else factfind for you? Priceless. Way to go, JB!

[quote=“Speedy”]

[quote=“mcsash”]typical farwest/firstbus business operations.
almost every charter requires a rescue back up bus…amazing bc transit…bc minister of highway safety nor air canada has shit canned them[/quote]

Let me ask you this do people’s personal vehicle breakdown ummmm yes they do. Not everything runs prefectly to your standards.[/quote]

Are you kidding me?..mad max says they dont do maintenance on the deicer…you say its a mechanical isssue…GEEZ thanks tips…hope your not looking for a reward for that one.

Commercial transport vehicles that are USED for commerce are held to a higher standard than say your 1986 ford topaz…

Did any flights get in today?

And it’s de-icing, so I guess it’s not Rupert temperatures that matter as much as temperatures between Vancouver and Rupert.

@Mig

The inflight icing is taken care of by the plane. The issue is here is while it is on the ground.

The Airport Society is useless in my opinion … There needs to be a major shake up over there. From what I understand there has been a significant change of staff over the past year, and alot of the new staff still don’t have the proper credentials to be working on an active airstrip. Safety should be the first priority ALWAYS!.. yet I’ve heard that isn’t always the case over there… scary stuff!