You're grounded

I remember when I wanted to play Comanche so stinkin bad on my DX16, that I saved and saved and saved finally bought $85 worth of ram (3 1mb’s), then I opened it up, and promptly fried the entire god-damn thing.

That was back when I had a paper route that paid like $8 a week too…so angry.

That’s go to suck… Kill your own computer that you have saved up a long time for… EKK…

What was the name of that guy at CHSS (before your time, Jason, but I think his name was Jason too).

He installed RAM into his computer, while the computer was on.

[quote=“MiG”]What was the name of that guy at CHSS (before your time, Jason, but I think his name was Jason too).

He installed RAM into his computer, while the computer was on.[/quote]

hmmm that would be during my time, but I had nothing to do with computers back then. What did he look like?

you think that is funny… i have way better stories… people asking if they can bring in there hard drive to format it for the and stuff… they actually pulled the hard drive out while running in the computer didn’t even turn the power off… we had a computer brought in and it had a few dead mice inside… the guy thought that he could put is old sandwiches and stuff inside it… well after a few months the mold grew and grew inside and well we threw it out and told him to buy a new one… it was really gross…

[quote=“MiG”]What was the name of that guy at CHSS (before your time, Jason, but I think his name was Jason too).

He installed RAM into his computer, while the computer was on.[/quote]

That’s bad? Been there done that. It didn’t die though :frowning:

My only fatal computer incident involved myself dropping a case on a board. It immediately sparked, ignited and then sizzled to a smoking hault. It fried a couple of tracers. Little did I know unplugged PSUs still contain electricity :wink:

They are called Trace’s : O) and all psu’s have a little bit of Current and A little bit of voltage… the best thing to do is turn off the psu power button on the back. then press the power button a few times : O)

Remembering to keep the power-cord plugged in because it will discharge teh static from you or the surface that it is near and on to the wall outlet… : O) good tip to remember…

Standard practice by myself now :wink:

This was back when a Celeron was cutting edge.

Celeron’s are still good… : O) id buy one…

Celeron and good dont belong in the same sentance.

Why… what is wrong with a celeron. ?

Celeron’s are still good, if a bit slow. One advantage is they are dirt cheap, now.

They are also good enough for the average home peecee user.

Celeron bad. Athlon good. Other guy sold Celerons, bad track record. Didn’t tell customers he bought used boards-chips-drives & crap on e-bay, sold as new. Now whole town knows Celeron bad. Athlon good.

hahahahaha

Athlon pain in ass to get going celeron drop in start up install windows… cant do that wind a athlon…

How so? They’re both installed exactly the same. Drop in the components, install windows, install drivers. Unless you’re talking Pentium3-level Celerons, you’re going to have to install drivers for both. Every motherboard needs an AGP driver for sure, and probably sound and video. If anything, it’s going to be quicker with an Athlon, because the Pentium4 Celerons are pieces of shit.

Really?

Edit: Fucking Rusty beat me to it. And my post was only a single word!

I mean… when you install the hard ware all at the first time… most mother boards you have to fuck with the board EXMPLE jumpers not with intel stuff… and Russell you should shut it… you used to scream up and down that intel was the best when you had a celeron …

Not to be a jerk Jason, but I’m going to have to backup Mr.Bios here. I’ve ONLY ever run AMD systems, and I havn’t ever had a problem with one. The first generation AMDs had some driver issues since they were a brand new product, and Intel held most of the market. Other than that, things quickly changed and AMD has been a stong competetor agaisnt Intel. I still think AMD is the better value. An XP class CPU is like an older Celeron, highly overclockable, stable and cheap as hell.

AMD rocks, but so does Intel if you have a thick wallet.

Again… never ever have had a problem with an AMD board/CPU. Hell my first Thunderbird CPU powered machine just went on to it’s 3rd owner. It’s still strong, probably 5 or 6 years later.