You can't make this stuff up

Premier Clark continues to suffer through yet another embarrassment. I think that Dix has a shot at the election in May unless he does something really stupid.

Stupid stuff

It appears the BC Liberals are competing with the PQ for the coveted title of Canada’s Dumbest Provincial Government.

Agreed. Having said that I’m not counting out Clark until the ballots are counted. The only poll that counts is election day.

I don’t see a big problem here. Obama won an election targeting Latinos and it was considered brilliant tactic. The only concern is if provincial funds were used, and that hasn’t been established yet.

Perhaps you didn’t see the big picture.

What a stupid comment.

Every group has their blind apologists. The liberals seem to have an endless supply.

Have people like you really been pouting since 2001?

[quote=“PLA”]

What a stupid comment.[/quote]

Nice reply.
But I never see much out of you, so no disappointment.

articles.washingtonpost.com/2011 … ite-voters

Unless you happen to be crazy Horse, I rarely hear conservatives defending scandals like the ethnic outreach plan and the likes of Tom Flanagan.

Must be an embarrassingly bad year for conservatism in this nation.

All political parties target ethnic groups, no question. But the problem is not just whether or not taxpayer funds were used (likely), the problem is that their strategy is completely insincere. As Kash Heed pointed out,

“If you’re truly reaching out wanting to assist these communities and you’re truly apologetic, do it from the heart, not for a check mark on the ballot come election day.”

I have no problem with people not wanting to vote for the NDP for whatever reason they may have. You don’t like their policies. You don’t trust them with the economy. All of that is part of the democratic process. But the BC Liberals have made so many mistakes, they have misused the trust given to them, they have bumbled, they have mismanaged etc etc that they really don’t have any authority to continue in power.

Maybe the new puppy will pee on the carpet, but it is certainly time to put the old dog down.

[quote=“DWhite”]
Maybe the new puppy will pee on the carpet, but it is certainly time to put the old dog down.[/quote]

Indeed.

Some more reading material.

Cabinet forced premier to apologize

[quote=“crazy Horse”]

Have people like you really been pouting since 2001?[/quote]

Why would i pout? I dont like the ndp either but its long past time to kick the liberals to the curb. Our government is the laughing stock of the country and for good reason. I just find it amazing that there are still people stupid enough to support such a joke of a government.

[quote=“DWhite”]
Maybe the new puppy will pee on the carpet, but it is certainly time to put the old dog down.[/quote]

If by ‘new puppy’ you’re referring to Adrian Dix, he’s actually a bit older than Christy Clark, and if you count his three years as Glen Clark’s Chief of Staff they’ve spent about the same number of years (Dix: 1996-99, 2005-13; Clark: 1996-05, 2011-13) in senior political positions in Victoria.

They also both left for a few years, Clark for personal reasons, or so she said (maybe she tired of Gordo; if so who’d blame her for that?) and Dix for misconduct (or to use your analogy for peeing on the carpet). Hopefully he won’t do it again when he’s elected premier, which he surely will be in a couple months time. I cannot understand how anyone can honestly think that he won’t be.

I’m not sure that the misdeeds of a staff person, even someone working for the premier, make for particularly engrossing reading. The word ‘scandal’ is so over-used these days by the media, it’s only good for a day or two and then the story goes away or is ignored by all except die-hards.

The outreach person will not be receiving severance pay, in contrast to when Dix was let go with a $70K handshake from Glen, only to return again to become our premier no less in a few weeks time. No, you can’t make this up. When it comes to politics BC is a strange place. No doubt there are stupid choices that can be made in the upcoming election, but I’m not sure that there are any smart ones. It all leaves a person just wondering what to make of it all.

I hope Joanna Larson does run, by the way. I like the idea of more independents down in Victoria, people who whatever their leanings on the political spectrum, are not beholden to either of the main parties, neither of which inspire much or any confident, to some of us at least.

I suppose I am being very cautious. I am hopeful he’ll get in. A change is needed.

I supported Joanna in her bid for the NDP nomination. If Joanna runs as an independent she will get my vote. In my opinion she is the best candidate. If Joanna does not run I’ll vote for the NDP.

I could careless about any of these “scandals” I am still voting Liberal…no way am I trusting the NDP with the BC economy.

Oh and polls mean nothing…Look at the Alberta election last year…the Wildrose (more left leaning party) was ahead of the Conservative by over 15 pts…every pollster had them winning Alberta and winning a majority government…then on electon day the exact opposite thing happened.

I think people want change in BC, but they don’t trust the NDP to be that change.

I think there is a huge percentage of undecided voters, nervous voters…we will see what happens.

That may be difficult with no declared candidate…yet.

Agreed. That is why I am being very cautious when I use my crystal ball, even though the NDP is far in the lead I still think it may be a close one.

[quote=“hitest”]

I suppose I am being very cautious. I am hopeful he’ll get in. A change is needed.

I like the idea of more independents down in Victoria, people who whatever their leanings on the political spectrum, are not beholden to either of the main parties, neither of which inspire much or any confident, to some of us at least.

I supported Joanna in her bid for the NDP nomination. If Joanna runs as an independent she will get my vote. In my opinion she is the best candidate. If Joanna does not run I’ll vote for the NDP.[/quote]

I hope she does run then…cause no way in hell will she win if she goes up against Jen Rice for the NDP. The left leaning vote will be split between the two and the right vote will remain with the BC Liberals. The only thing Joanna will be doing by running is making the NDP more vulnerable in a riding where they should be a sure bet for the win.

I also have heard a very well known and respected business owner from the PR area is considering running for the Liberals, I won’t say who it is, but I hope they follow through and run…I think they would represent this region perfectly.

[quote=“bthedog”]
I also have heard a very well known and respected business owner from the PR area is considering running for the Liberals, I won’t say who it is, but I hope they follow through and run…I think they would represent this region perfectly.[/quote]

Sure you have. Fess up or it is all smoke and mirrors, mate! :smile:

Wildrose Alliance are not left of the PC’s. If they are, then the religious crazies south of Calgary wouldn’t have voted for them in droves.

Also the reason why the Tory dynasty got another lease in life because most of the usual Liberal voters are so scared of the Wildrose crazies, that they ended up voting for the PC’s just so they don’t win.

EDIT: Also, this: