Yet another CityWest question

I suppose 250 624 2111 citywest and 250 627 1781 cityhall have decided to leave their telephones off the hook at all hours for days as well!
isabelydancer00

[quote=“isabelydancer00”]I suppose 250 624 2111 citywest and 250 627 1781 cityhall have decided to leave their telephones off the hook at all hours for days as well!
isabelydancer00[/quote]

I’ve finally had success in reaching a couple of nummbers that have been signalling busy for days!!! =) It’s 20 min.s past midnight in Rupert. CityWest and Cityhall lines are still busy … or off the hook!
isabelydancer00

I am not really up to date on where the internet and smart phones are heading, but it seems many of you are, so I have a quick question.
Is there a day coming somewhat soon using a smart phone as a hotspot will be to the point where needing citywest as a internet provider is not needed because I do not see the day when another company will offer internet here int he near future.
The day that happens citywest will be toast.
Does citywest even have iPhones yet?

[quote=“chookie”]I am not really up to date on where the internet and smart phones are heading, but it seems many of you are, so I have a quick question.
Is there a day coming somewhat soon using a smart phone as a hotspot will be to the point where needing citywest as a internet provider is not needed because I do not see the day when another company will offer internet here int he near future.
The day that happens citywest will be toast.
Does citywest even have iPhones yet?[/quote]

Unless you’re doing no more than browsing and checking emails using your phone hotspot I wouldn’t suggest not getting internet…

I’ve been having internet issues lately. I still have a connection to my citywest router, but it says “no access to the internet”. If I unplug and re-plug my cable modem the connection will re-establish, but it happens again in anytime from 15 minutes to 3 hours. This happened for the first time for two days around the 28h of August but seemed to stop and has happened again tonight. Before this, the connection had been rock solid since January or so.

Anyone else experiencing random disconnects?

could be your modem if you are renting it you can exchange it for another one

I was having some issues phoning some Rupert numbers from here in PG. Conspiracy?

Wait, citywest still rents the modem… really? and if you buy one they won’t exchange it so you can continue to use and pay for their service? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. If there was competition they’d be dead.

I’m far from an MBA but monthly revenue is far greater than a few one time 50-100.00 purchases and it seems all the big providers ive dealt with realized it long ago. Whoever manages citywest needs to be fired.

Whoever manages citywest needs to be fired.
In case anyone missed it, here is the article from Northern View: New CityWest CEO outlines his vision to Prince Rupert city council. thenorthernview.com/news/124656463.html He speaks of his own personal experiences on becomming a new CityWest customer. As of April 2012, two of the four unions have merged.
isabelydancer00

In case anyone missed it, here is the article from Northern View: New CityWest CEO outlines his vision to Prince Rupert city council. thenorthernview.com/news/124656463.html He speaks of his own personal experiences on becomming a new CityWest customer. As of April 2012, two of the four unions have merged.
isabelydancer00
Good to see some progress being made but citywest still needs to be sold.

I suppose while they are a monopoly it makes sense to keep charging to buy/renting modems I mean why not screw your customers while you can, but if/when competition comes knocking they don’t make the change immediately they are idiots.