Yet another CityWest question

Has anybody else been having problems with dropped adsl connections AND dropped/snail-paced downloads for the past week? I phoned the helpline twice last week with no response by Friday. Frustrating to keep paying ‘Rolls-royce rates’ for ‘used Yugo performance’ with no alternative.

Stepping down from the well-used CityWest Soapbox. Next.

Well, I’m in Terrace, and our internet is Telus. We have been noticing the same problem. Maybe it’s the pipe line.

Fucking enbridge. First the environment then our internet.

Haha. Very funny.

You know what I mean. :stuck_out_tongue:

I noticed it yea. Dropped Skype calls, intermittent issues with other applications.

Citywest Terrace customer here. Internet’s been just fine for me.

Christ… the internet is probably spilling out all over the place. The last thing we need is google all over the ground… reddit in the rivers.

How is the Citywest internet here Mig? My boyfriend is out in lower Thornhill, and we will be needing to get some form of internet service here soon.

Depends where you live. If you can get Telus 15 Meg in your neighborhood, it is much better than Citywest. If not, then Citywest’s cable modem 5 meg is better than Telus 1.5 meg DSL.

Call Telus ans see what speed you can get.

Our Shaw 100 is doing great, no dropped skype calls, slow downloads, or anything of the particular.

For my Birthday I’ll be getting their 250mbps connection

I received a LD call fromm a landline (CityWest nummer) during business hours, so I told the person I’d call himm right back. It was busy. It’s been busy for 3 days now!!! I’mm calling fromm Europe. I called other citywest nummbers … out of almmost 40, I mmanaged to get through to only 2 people. They are all landlines. So, somme people are not only having trouble with their cellphones, perhaps they’re not receiving LD calls on their landlines. I amm able to connect with mmy niece (who’s phone indicates it’s busy), but she says that she gets local calls. I’mm trying to call a senior who does not use internet!
Seemms this has been going on for sommetimme. I’ve called a couple of nummbers three weeks back and was just under the immpression that the number was busy, not realizing that there mmay be a problem. What a terrible inconvenience for all the paying CityWest memmbers that have interrupted telephone service or non-service, and mmay not even realize it. If this applies to you, perhaps a nice rebate cheque fromm CityWest is forthcomming! Good luck!!!
isabelydancer00

There will be no rebate check. There should be, but there won’t be.

[quote=“isabelydancer00”]What a terrible inconvenience for all the paying CityWest memmbers that have interrupted telephone service or non-service, and mmay not even realize it. If this applies to you, perhaps a nice rebate cheque fromm CityWest is forthcomming! Good luck!!!
isabelydancer00[/quote]

Is your M key broken?

Hmmm…sommething like this needs mmore exposure!!! Phone company not addressing the problemm - (mmaybe they’re unaware); if they are they’re not fixing or unable to fix yet still collecting mmoney for disrupted/interrupted/non-service. BS!!! I have an idea. Will keep you posted
Yes, Andrew …mmy MMmm key sticks! LOL No it really doesn’t. It’s a Mmmichael thing - personal trademmark. I love mmy Mmmichael!!!
isabelydancer00

What exactly did you want to expose?
If the phone is busy, it’s in off the hook. It doesn’t matter where the hell the call comes from local or long distance. If all the lines are busy (which is about as likely as winning the Lotto) you’d get a totally different “all trunks busy” signal.

I have no idea what the complaint is about, so this might not be relevant…

When Rogers first set up in Rupert, you couldn’t call Rogers phones from Citytel landlines. Dunno if they needed to program their switch or whatever, but you could call the Rogers phones from everywhere else in the world (Terrace, Toronto, Europe, Asia – we tested), just not from Rupert. We tried every possible combination of area codes, country codes, etc. Every single time, you just got a busy signal.

They fixed it eventually.

I am traveling in atlantic canada, and when I see the vast array of communication suppliers it makes me angry that we are still stuck with what we have in Rupert… Thank goodness Rogers came to town for a mobile service alternative, I just wish an alternative internet service provider would as well… I get tired of 90s technology it’s time for city west, to step into the new era of ultra fast internet, is there any update as to when or if this will ever occur in our neck of the woods? I flew out here on Air Canada and the service was wonderful, west jet competition is why it’s so good and city west needs the same, competition is a good thing!

Citywest won’t be stepping up any time in the near future other than to raise your prices.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]What exactly did you want to expose?
If the phone is busy, it’s in off the hook. It doesn’t matter where the hell the call comes from local or long distance. If all the lines are busy (which is about as likely as winning the Lotto) you’d get a totally different “all trunks busy” signal.[/quote]

This isn’t the case at all! It’s not local calls that are affected - it’s long distance calls. The numbers I’ve called are NOT off the hook yet they indicate they are busy. I call at various hours and the same numbers ring busy and still are.
Somme people including businesses mmay not be aware that they are not able to receive long distance calls. That’s it!
isabelydancer00

[quote=“isabelydancer00”]

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]What exactly did you want to expose?
If the phone is busy, it’s in off the hook. It doesn’t matter where the hell the call comes from local or long distance. If all the lines are busy (which is about as likely as winning the Lotto) you’d get a totally different “all trunks busy” signal.[/quote]

This isn’t the case at all! It’s not local calls that are affected - it’s long distance calls. The numbers I’ve called are NOT off the hook yet they indicate they are busy. I call at various hours and the same numbers ring busy and still are.
Somme people including businesses mmay not be aware that they are not able to receive long distance calls. That’s it!
isabelydancer00[/quote]

Good grief shitty west lives up to it’s name …