Yacht club flags

LOL :sunglasses:

I know you aren’t a kid. Much as you should probably know I have no silver spoon in my mouth (single male reporters in this city live off of the contents of Chunky soup cans).

I’m not even certain that the solution i offered was impractical but my main point was not a specific personal attack but a serious rethink  on “shaming” people on the inter-web. You can’t upload change alright, it takes action.

You assume a lot that members feel any shame at all from a thread on HTMF, which unlike members of the Daily News editorial team,  I doubt they do.

If Codybear pulls it off, and I have no reason to believe that it won’t happen, that could create the change needed. But when Codybear does that, will the Yacht Club feel less ashamed? Probably not. They’ll be thankful (hopefully) of the kind gesture that has been made. Shame won’t likely be a part of it. If it doesn’t shame them to walk past a disintegrating flag on their way to and from a boat, then I’m skeptical a thread on HTMF would do the trick.

As I mentioned in the other message it has been done as promised by Codybear yesterday. The flag has been delivered to the Yacht club to the young lady who came out of caretakers office and once again well done Codybear

All done, now I am going to count the days before  it flies again  :smiley:  The caretaker was very receptive and appreciative so will wait and see now.  They  have an American flag waiting for its day in the elements again too…Hopefully it will be flying before the first cruise ship docks  !!!

great, one more thing for them to stand in the middle of the street and takes pictures of

Wow. Clever response.

Squirt, squirt

And the new flags are flying.

All’s well that ends.

Ah yes the rich folks have learned that the rabble occassionally will cast their gaze in their direction… :astonished:

It was nice to drive by the Yacht club and see the flags flying this afternoon, also nice to know that it all kind of started on HTMF and it was finished by a generous member of HTMF, hats off to Codybear for following through. If you have no hat well then cheers.

I’m tipping my toupee!

somebody needs to go and take a pic of the new flags flying and post them for us

How long will it fly, how many winters will it flap in the winds and rain. 

Two things.

First, a comment: I think the silver spoon assumption was made because of the use of the pretentious middle initial you use in the paper.

Second, a question: What do single female reporters in this city live off of?

They share male reporters’ Chunky soup, of course  :smiley:  I wonder who does nuke detail though? or do you eat it cold from the can ?  Ugh !!  Ladies would supply the crackers though  :smiley:

I just noticed today that the flags had been replaced.  Awesome!

Has anyone noticed the Regional District office flags?  I’ve got dish rags in better shape!

The RCMP office was without flags also for almost 2 weeks…I hadn’t noticed that one but was advised yesterday by a dear friend who lives on the same street.  No excuse for them, none for any of them really…Should I stock up on Canadian flags ?    :neutral_face:

get about a dozen flags or we can fundraise its been a few hours since a new fundraiser has started in town here  :smiley:

Regional District flags looked ok this afternoon…just changed?