XP admin login

im an idiot… well we all knew that but…

I forgot my admin password for windows XP. I booted from the disc and managed to Repair and create new user accounts, but still can not figure out my password for the main account. Does anyone have any advice other than that I should have written down my password or something.
Any cracks out there?

A format will always work.

a sledgehammer will fix the problem.

Man all you dweebs out there and not one can solve the problem. u suck

Whos the dweeb now ?

The only available programs are monitored by the FBI and kept under strict access. Of course i have a similar program, but it takes about a month in time to crack it.

hunt down a copy of NTcrack and clear all the passwords. But it is dweebishly picky to use, but easier than cracking Win2000
If you don’t mind reinstalling some programs, reboot with the CD and choose delete and reinstall existing windows, and leave file system intact. Then you’ll still have music & photos & docs, you just need to grab them from the old Doucments and settings folders.
But you’ll have to have your software CDs to reestablish the links to the program files.
…and do all the windows updates again.

Ill see if i can grab you passdel at work. it is a linux program we use to clear all passwords on users machines. it is like 1-mb so ill gram it and email it to you…

I wonder if that’s the same one I meant. Linux boot floppy that lets you change or delete passwd? Thot it was NT crack…
Got one that works on 2000???

BTW: ever done any tower work? Like heights J?

hey dont panic, maybe take out the pc’s battery for about 5 - 10 minutes. I know that clears the bios. Maybe it will work for you man…

thanks so much! (nellerz at the gmail)

Cheers!

[quote=“DjTux”]

Whos the dweeb now ?[/quote]

im an idiot… well we all knew that but…

I forgot my admin password for windows XP. I booted from the disc and managed to Repair and create new user accounts, but still can not figure out my password for the main account. Does anyone have any advice other than that I should have written down my password or something.
Any cracks out there?

still a dweeb

This will help you next time:

Microsoft has enhanced security features in XP including the the ability to create a floppy diskette to recover your password incase it is forgotten.

Click Start
Click Control Panel
Click User Accounts
Click on the account which you want to create a password disk
Click Prevent a forgotten password which starts the Forgotten Password Wizard . This is found under Related Tasks
Insert a blank, formatted disk into drive A, and click Next
Enter the password in the Current user account password box
To use the recovery disk, at the Welcome screen

Click the user name whose password is on the recovery disk
Click the question mark button
This causes the Did you forget your password message to appear.
Click use your password reset disk
This will start the Password Reset Wizard.
From this point, just follow the wizard’s instructions and you will be able to set a new password