Wtf city west....i want a rebate

OK im goin on 12 hours with no internet on my BB…City west you have now pissed me off beyond believe…

Citywest has lost the Rupert cellular market to Rogers, Telus, and Bell (how ironic).

So the bad news is that you are one of the few remaining cellular customers.

The good news is that Citywest is receiving fewer complaints every day, so they interpret that to mean that their service is doing great, not that they have fewer customers!

If you stick with Citywest cellular despite the past few years, then you are telling them that you like their service. Meanwhile everyone else has voted by getting a Rogers, Telus or Bell phone.

I have had no problem with my BB getting on the net,last night or today.

Sorry and thats with Citywest.

I haven’t been having troubles with my cell phone. I don’t use the net though. Who cares if the net is down on your phone, use a computer. Or is it that we ALWAYS need to be connected to the net? And if you do feel the need to be connected to the world, why not dial a few numbers and talk to someone that way?

Uhhh I use email on my cell for business and critical monitoring alerts. My customers don’t care to hear how my email was down and I didn’t get an alert. Citywest almost cost me 300.00 per month and I wasn’t even a customer. Not everyone uses their cell for personal communication.

Well what did businesses do before there was internet on phones?

…I imagine I would have charged more money and wouldn’t rely on automated alerts. Since my systems are designed to alert me by email and I pay to receive that email on my phone I expect it to work more than half the time. Your statement is stupid though. What did transportation companies do before roads? Phone companies before phones?

Bubba do you work at Citywest? Wasn’t that always the attitude at Citywest about cellular? ie: nobody wants to text, nobody wants to use the internet on their phones! We asked around and nobody really wanted that, right?

Well, turns out that everybody did want to use their phones to text, to use facebook, to have mobile connectivity. And Citywest went from 100% of the market to a lot less.

Yes, you don’t have a need for a service, bubba, but that doesn’t mean others are like you. Everything you are saying about nobody needing data on their phones, people were saying about the internet at home – who needs the internet at home? That’s crazy talk, what’s wrong with you? Who needs to have a phone in their pocket? Can’t they just use payphones? Who needs to use the phone? Can’t you just write a letter?

Kids these days! Get off my lawn!

I think those people are living in the past. And they’re a perfect fit for Citywest.

So your answer to why Mcsash’s Blackberry isn’t working is that he doesn’t need it to be working? Because you don’t see the need for a Blackberry, that’s why his isn’t working?

Really? That’s how you think?

My question is, why are people coming on here to complain about it instead of going directly to citywest, and bitching. It can’t be THAT big of a deal if you’re not doing anything can it?

Anyways, I don’t really need to look at my emails on my phone. And no, I don’t work at Citywest. I WISH I worked at Citywest, Then I’d be paid better than minimum wage and I’d be able to sit on my ass and not do anything but answer phones. And that’s on a good day, normally they don’t even ANSWER the phone.

My answer to Mcsash is phone citywest.
Yell at them and demand a rebate. Sheesh. It gets tiring hearing of citywest’s issues. Jesus at least was bothered by it because he was forced to use the network here and then lost money from it. What’s everyone elses excuse? I’ve never really had issues with Citywest, but when i do, I call and complain, and then usually something is done about it.

We all know how shitty, shittywest is. do we have to keep re hashing it over and over and over again?

Last time I read this post.
pinky swear.

bubbasteve735,

I don’t see anything wrong with mcsash’s post. Lighten up, please.

I’ll take “things I thought I’d never hear an HTMF moderator say” for $400, Alex.

[quote=“MiG”]

I’ll take “things I thought I’d never hear an HTMF moderator say” for $400, Alex.[/quote]

LOL :smile:

Thats my laugh for the day…thanks very much.

As for bubba?..she just likes to piss people and be the devils advocate.

Bottom line is …I pay for a service…i want to get the service i pay for…Thats it…!!! Im not looking for anything more.

[quote=“mcsash”]Thats my laugh for the day…thanks very much.

As for bubba?..she just likes to piss people and be the devils advocate.

Bottom line is …I pay for a service…i want to get the service i pay for…Thats it…!!! Im not looking for anything more.[/quote]

But alas you get much less

Ah, the good ol’ days…

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]I WISH I worked at Citywest, Then I’d be paid better than minimum wage …

do we have to keep re hashing it over and over and over again?

[/quote]

Holy fuck. Maybe if it wasn’t “your job” to read every post on HTMF and come up with multiple idiotic replies to every thread you could find the time to go to school and earn more than minimum wage. You act like we are creating more work for you “rehashing it over and over and over again” . Just find something else to click on and let the people who want to discuss this issue discuss it.

u poor bb bitches all your problems my phone is cheap and works great stop blaming the fucking company and start blaming your phones lmao

I don’t think your phone is working so great. The shift key isn’t working, and the period and comma buttons don’t work either.