Would Christy Clark rather be a milf or a cougar?

Please remember that I am only the messenger.

Question is answered at 1:50.

jetfm.ca/on_air/drex/simpleb … ark-a-MILF

She might want to be a MILF.
At one time she might have been a MILF…
But she ain’t a MILF.
Not a cougar either IMO…

DWhite,

You post a shit-piece of yellow journalism quite sensationalistic as the recent Aussie-radio gag gone bad, from a non-Rupert media outlet ( Courtenay), in the Prince Rupert section of HTMF while claiming innocence by claiming to be a ‘messenger’?

I do not belong to any political party, but, I vote in every election, according to my own conscience and beliefs. Not pretending to be a messenger!

You coward! If you want to run an anti-Christy campaign in Rupert, at least have the cojones to admit it, and not ‘pretend’ to be a mere messenger. Coastal First Nations have a name for such a person: Trickster, the Raven.

That is almost as bad as a newly-elected City Official promoting her personal cause while publicly presenting herself as an elected City Councillor while trying to gain support for yet another career objective at the expense of City taxpayers.

[quote=“MrGonzo2006”]DWhite,

You post a shit-piece of yellow journalism quite sensationalistic as the recent Aussie-radio gag gone bad, from a non-Rupert media outlet ( Courtenay), in the Prince Rupert section of HTMF while claiming innocence by claiming to be a ‘messenger’?

I do not belong to any political party, but, I vote in every election, according to my own conscience and beliefs. Not pretending to be a messenger!

You coward! If you want to run an anti-Christy campaign in Rupert, at least have the cojones to admit it, and not ‘pretend’ to be a mere messenger. Coastal First Nations have a name for such a person: Trickster, the Raven.

That is almost as bad as a newly-elected City Official promoting her personal cause while publicly presenting herself as an elected City Councillor while trying to gain support for yet another career objective at the expense of City taxpayers.[/quote]

Ad hominem attacks do nothing to win an argument. This personal attack of yours is not needed. Please avoid this type of posting.
Thank you.

[quote=“MrGonzo2006”]DWhite,

That is almost as bad as a newly-elected City Official promoting her personal cause while publicly presenting herself as an elected City Councillor while trying to gain support for yet another career objective at the expense of City taxpayers.[/quote]

As to posting something from another media source, are you suggesting that only things coming from Prince Rupert news sources can be posted on HTMF?

As to sensationalist, yellow journalism: This was a broadcast of an interview. It is what it is. I am not trying to trick anybody.

When I said I was only the messenger, I was referring to the offensiveness of the broadcast. Unlike the radio host and the premier, I am not one to use a term like milf in a jovial, joking manner. (And I am far from prudish.)

As to running an anti-Christy campaign: I hardly think one post is a campaign, but I will admit that I am no fan of Ms Clark. But, I will ask you why you thought this was an anti-Clark post. Again, I posted an interview. It is what it is. People will judge her and her responses and her decision to go on a shock radio show as they as individuals see it. Some people may find her response funny. Some may feel sorry that she was put in an awkward situation. Some will find it offensive that she responded in a joking way rather than being more dignified. Some will see it as an example of what they perceive as her shallowness. I didn’t editorialize. You did.

And as to being a coward, I do post using my real name.

If you went to High School in Prince Rupert you would know that Dwhite was a teacher. If I remember correctly a damn good one.

I don’t know to many teachers in favor of Christy Clark. Therefore, I am aware of what I read when he posts.

Ad hominem attacks do nothing to win an argument. This personal attack of yours is not needed. Please avoid this type of posting.
Thank you.

Hitest, you are right bout my flame. So, to DWhite et al, I apologize for the rant.

It bothers me that with all the pending issues affecting the BC voters, people get caught up in trivial, shallow things like a candidate’s looks, how they dress, etc. DWhite always seems to bring some enlightenment on his topics, so I was really shocked to see a ‘milf vs. cougar’ reference from him.

Again, sorry for the “MyBad”.

I’ve put that soapbox into recycling, and have gone back to lurk-mode.

Regardless, the topic itself seems rather tawdry and juvenile, befitting the bad radio from whence it apparently came.

Discuss if you must, but as for relevance, well there ain’t much there.

[quote=“Smurfette”]Regardless, the topic itself seems rather tawdry and juvenile, befitting the bad radio from whence it apparently came.

Discuss if you must, but as for relevance, well there ain’t much there.[/quote]

Said much better than my rant, with the message I tried to convey. Thanks for showing me the succinct approach.

[quote=“MrGonzo2006”]

[quote=“Smurfette”]Regardless, the topic itself seems rather tawdry and juvenile, befitting the bad radio from whence it apparently came.

Discuss if you must, but as for relevance, well there ain’t much there.[/quote]

Said much better than my rant, with the message I tried to convey. Thanks for showing me the succinct approach.[/quote]

Your welcome, though I think the admonishment to your post was a tad harsh from the powers to be. Hopefully, the equality of the mainframe shall apply to all participants, in a balanced fashion!

While I admit that I was a bit taken aback by being called a coward and a trickster, I have no problem with you questioning the appropriateness of my post.

And yes there are more pressing issues facing BC but I am not convinced that Christy Clark is the person to lead us through these pressing issues and the fact that she went on a tawdry, juvenile radio show and responded as she did makes that abundantly clear.

Last year, when David Schreck tweeted,

“Is Premier Clark’s cleavage revealing attire appropriate for the legislature?”

Ms Clark rightly responded

“We all want our daughters to be willing to step up and be leaders someday,” Clark said. “I don’t think we can groom a lot of young female leaders if this is the level of comment we have.”

Read more: bc.ctvnews.ca/christy-clark-defe … z2FoorjU7Y

When Richard Bronson invited her to go kitesurfing and then later posted a picture of a naked woman on his back and commented on the dress code, Ms Clark rightly responded

"I didn’t think it was very respectful.

“Lots of young women I hope want to run for politics,” she added.

Read more: vancouversun.com/Christy+Cla … z2FopLX7zm

However, when asked by a juvenile disc jockey on a tawdry radio show, how it feels to be a milf (and sorry if I am using offensive terms here but I am just the messenger) she replies

“You know, I take that as a compliment…you know, it’s one of those things…better a MILF than a cougar…so tell him I said thank you…”

How many daughters follow David Schreck’s tweets? How many young women follow Richard Bronson’s blog?

Here on a show whose audience is likely made up of a lot of young women, she had the opportunity to make the same point about respecting women. Instead she giggles like a 16 year old and wallows in the muck with the tawdry, juvenile host. (which begs the questions, what are Christy Clark’s real feelings and why does she have such a low approval rating among women?)

Smurfette, you may be right. Maybe there is no relevance, but if this is our leader in action, I think there is.

So the answer to serious issues, is rather than focus on those issues, is instead to reduce it to the lowest of denominators? Interesting…

Thank you, I’m just trying to keep things relatively civil here on HTMF. :smile:

[quote=“hitest”]

Thank you, I’m just trying to keep things relatively civil here on HTMF. :smile:[/quote]

LOL, well ok, but it’s a sliding scale of accountability it seems from time to time.

Well I guess leadership is a really important issue. I don’t think what she did on the radio show was the sign of a good leader. You are free to disagree.

[quote=“DWhite”]

Well I guess leadership is a really important issue. I don’t think what she did on the radio show was the sign of a good leader. You are free to disagree.[/quote]

Well on the topic of relevance as to milf or cougar, I do choose to disagree.

As for leadership or any other item, I can think of a dozen reasons as to her failure, a few as to how she perhaps doesn’t get a fair shake.

Regardless, the answer to an inane question from a DJ, hardly should carry much weight. If so, much of your other arguments would it seem be rather diminished and smack more of bias than reason.

[quote=“Smurfette”]

Well I guess leadership is a really important issue. I don’t think what she did on the radio show was the sign of a good leader. You are free to disagree.

Well on the topic of relevance as to milf or cougar, I do choose to disagree.

As for leadership or any other item, I can think of a dozen reasons as to her failure, a few as to how she perhaps doesn’t get a fair shake.

Regardless, the answer to an inane question from a DJ, hardly should carry much weight. If so, much of your other arguments would it seem be rather diminished and smack more of bias than reason.[/quote]

If I admit I am biased, will you tell me how she doesn’t get a fair shake.

If I admit I am biased, will you tell me how she doesn’t get a fair shake.

Well frankly, a discussion on serious items seems rather pointless in this current environment on the theme.

However, here’s one example, I believe the media smelling a bit of blood in the water, are piling it on MsClark a bit.

Something they neglected to do when Carole James was removed in the NDP coup, the gang that removed her got a bit of a free ride, especially on HTMF.

Seems the scale of reproach on leadership issues doesn’t seem very balanced.

But carry on, hmm, interesting to note however, that no one ever wondered if Ms James was a milf or cougar though.

Double standard?

We should be at Timmies instead of hunched over the keyboard.

You think the MSM is giving Christy and the Liberals a hard time? What blood are they smelling. Christy being booted out as leader before May or the Liberals losing under her in May. Given all the stuff that has happened both before and during her watch, I think the MSM has been rather light on the government.

I am not sure if you are missing my point or if I am not being clear enough. I don’t care about the answer to the question. The question by the DJ was totally inappropriate, a completely insulting question to ask of any woman let alone the premier of the province. Clark had an opportunity to respond in a much more dignified manner. She could have explained that it did no favours to other women who may wish to enter politics (as she had done in the past). As a former radio host herself she could have chosen to remain silent leaving the DJ with the awkward moment of having to fill dead air. Or she could have simply said next question.

Which is exactly what Carol James or Carole Taylor or Alison Redford or most other politicians would have done. And that’s why they would not have been asked the question in the first place. The DJ would have known better than to ask the question of those women. I will leave it to others to wonder why he felt he could ask it of Ms Clark.

By responding as she did, it leaves people wondering how we can take her seriously when she talks about pipelines or 10 year deals with teachers that will help her win the next election (that was also in the interview) or jobs or any of the other issues that are facing us.

Maybe she is more brilliant that I am giving her credit, but too often she comes across as shallow.

This makes me want to sing. :smile: