World Baseball Classic

I’ve watched the first two games that Canada has played in the WBC and am finding it quite refreshing. After Canada’s Men’s Olympic Hockey it’s nice to see something that is of high quality but without any expectations. After seeing Canada beat the US team I felt as if the US team is going through what Canada Mens Hockey Team did…major talent, huge egos and even bigger expectations. It’s nice to be a fan on the other side of the fence.

Here’s an idea: they should rename it the World Series, since it actually does involve teams from places other than North America.

Let Major League Baseball come up with another name for its championship, those arrogant bastards!

When Canada was losing to South Africa in their game, I was thinking of creating a topic in here called “Can Canada Beat Anyone At Any Sport?” Thankfully they came back to win that game.

The win against the US team was even better. Up 8-0 at one point, but hung on to win 8-6.

For me personally it’s hard to get into baseball at this point of the year. Still a lot of hockey and college basketball to be played/watched.

Let’s hope that Canada beats Mexico and leaves the tie-breakers up to the other teams in their division.

It is nice to have this success (early as it may be in the tournament) to try and wipe out the Olympic hockey debacle.

For me its easy to watch at this time of year. Spring Training is a sure sign that spring is near. I guess thats why they call it Spring Training. When the Stanley Cup Playoffs are on I really could care less…too much to do outside.

And just like that it is over for Canada. :frowning:

For me, it’s all about playoffs when it comes to focusing on sports. When the NFL is in its final weeks and into the playoffs, I say “huh? what? don’t bug me!” when someone brings up hockey.

This is hockey time now, though, although I will be watching the Blue Jays right from game 1 because of all the new pick-ups! :smiley:

Y

Yes indeed. And finally, everyone agrees on something. Two things, baseball, and YES CANADA sucks at hockey!!! The MEN! Hats off to the LADIES this year!