Working hours

Anyone know the permittable hours a person can make noise while doing housework? internal or external.

My understanding was that there were no real hours to the noise bylaw in Rupert. Unreasonable noise is unreasonable at any hour of the day. There are exceptions for stuff like emergency vehicles and construction (7am-9pm), but I think it’s a common misconception that you can have a loud party up until a certain time. That’s not true.

And when I’ve called the police on noisy neighbours, the fine was automatic. That was the zero-tolerance thing – did they get rid of it?

That bylaw doesn’t seem to have been repealed…
Any disturbing noise at any time of the day or night is fineable.

[quote=“MiG”]My understanding was that there were no real hours to the noise bylaw in Rupert. Unreasonable noise is unreasonable at any hour of the day. There are exceptions for stuff like emergency vehicles and construction (7am-9pm), but I think it’s a common misconception that you can have a loud party up until a certain time. That’s not true.

And when I’ve called the police on noisy neighbours, the fine was automatic. That was the zero-tolerance thing – did they get rid of it?[/quote]

You’re right, MiG. Did a bit of a search and found the noise bylaw. I don’t see a mention of times of day for excessive noise being permitted.

Noise bylaw

A vacuum cleaner doesnt make that much noise ?

Any noise falls under the noise bylaw which is apparently in effect day and night. Obviously a bylaw with such generalized terms must be open to the enforcement officer’s discretion and some type of stated, generalized common sense to allow for maintence needs. I would expect…

There’s an exception for maintenance and construction, 7am-9pm.

I think we need a bylaw for drunk kids and adults who walk down the streets at night
i have a real stressful job and i need my sleep its bad enough cn has there whistles
blowing all night.

[quote=“ajaye46”]I think we need a bylaw for drunk kids and adults who walk down the streets at night
i have a real stressful job and i need my sleep its bad enough cn has there whistles
blowing all night.[/quote]

Then get out those earplugs and GO TO BED !!

Bed sounds amazing. Please, no loud sounds after ten thirty, I’ve been up since two AM…

GOD I can hear you people typing !