Wolves out at Ridley

I’m told it’s the average New Yorker.  :smiley:

I guess it’s the mournful tone that gives you that chill down your spine?

or maybe I’m watching too much tv. >.>

Wolf howling means time to shoot.

We weren’t at Ridley but were walking from our house down Park Ave and our neighbor had stopped and told un there were 6 wolves watching us walk up the road.  We had heard them howling abhout a minute before he showed up.  He saw them @ the intersection of Park Ave & Pilsbury then they scattered towards J.S. McMillan.  Next time we’ll have to leave the dog at home, unfortunately.

My wife got a fabulous shot of a wolf just up from Frederick street a couple nights back. Check it out flickr.com/photos/amboire/3488183208/

Great shot very mystic looking.

I’m quite jealous of it I got a bunch but nothing as good. www.flickr.com/zpaperboyz

Breathtaking shot…

more surprised that u were walking lol  :imp: :imp:

WoW Photoguy, may you ask your wife for an autograph for me?

That truly is a stunning shot, thank you for sharing!

Im not sure if it is true but either today or yesterday someone told me that some people walked into Butze with three dogs and returned with two. Has anyone else heard this or is there more Prince Rumours being started!?

no need to say anymore then this sign!!!

Don’t take your dogs if you want to keep them…

I agree 100%!  My husband and I were new to Rupert 2 years ago, and took our two small dogs on the trail.  We read the sign, said to ourselves “Meh, we’re ok”.  Both of the dogs were off leash as well.  We had almost finished our way around the trail when we met a wolf on the path.  Both of my dogs were retards (well, I say retards, in reality they were being dogs) and went running after the wolf, barking and barking.  The wolf let out a low growl with his ears pinned back, and crouching.  My husband let off two bear bangers while I grabbed the dogs.  The wolf followed us for a couple of feet but then took off the other way.

So while I am glad to say that we all survived that day, we would have been the only ones to blame if something had happened that day.  While it is a good trail, it’s just common sense to not take chances. 

Astro - correct me if I’m wrong, but is this the only time of year that there are usually so many sightings on that trail?  Or is it just hit and miss wherever you go? :smile:

Thanks!

ive walked with my kids there many times only wildlife ive seen is a squirrell when i was having subway with my daughter at the lookout. but ive never taken a dog  :smiley:

hehe. I’ve considered volunteering to walk the small SPCA dogs off leash on the trail so I could get some original photos. lol jk

Considering all that we hear of the wolves and their menacing ways, you have to think they just aren’t that smart… with all the feral cats wandering the city these days you would think that Rupert would be nothing but a big buffet table of apertifs…  Then again, if you get home delivery, why go out for dinner… :imp:

Hey, that’s how Jim Fowler did it!