With RCMP contract up for renewal, is it time

The RCMP’s contract for policing in British Columbia is up for a renewal this fall, a process that has provided for a negotiating session which could see the federal police force tasked with policing duties in the province for at least the next twenty years.

But before the provincial government signs on the dotted line, some British Columbians are urging that they give serious consideration to handing the Mounties their walking papers and returning to the days of a provincial police force…

(from the blog a town called podunk, click on the link below to see the entire item atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … is-it.html)

I think that The RCMP do a good job and can do so much more then Provincial Police , all we need is a bunch of Yahoos like they have with the QPP in La Belle Province. I think what need to be fixed is the court system, Lawyers who just make money off other people’s misery and keep delaying important cases.

I think that this is a good thing, and with the R.C.M.P abusing their powers and causing so much trauma in this province, it’s definatly time for change.

I would like to see more local policing and community involvement , less rookies stirring shit up in this town especially .