Wireless Hot Spots

I’m in Burnaby for a week off, and I can’t believe how lame it is for hot spots. Not one computer store in North Burnaby (over 100000 people) knew of where one was. THe Chamber of Commerce suggested this hotel ere, and when I checked it out the clerk sez “What a cool idea, talk to our tech and get him to hire you to set one up”!
So I’m sitting on the boulevard in front of my mom’s surfing people’s open wireless in the neoghborhood. Shoulda brought my grid, tripod and a pigtail.
Don’t you think that’s lame in a city of this size? I heard Starbucks and McDs all had them but only the ones downtown. Guess I’ll have to check out the old haunts, the SFU quadrangle!

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]I’m in Burnaby for a week off, and I can’t believe how lame it is for hot spots. Not one computer store in North Burnaby (over 100000 people) knew of where one was. THe Chamber of Commerce suggested this hotel ere, and when I checked it out the clerk sez “What a cool idea, talk to our tech and get him to hire you to set one up”!
[/quote]

I’m in a small interior town and did some war-driving yesterday and found 7 wireless points in the downtown alone, of which 4 had WEP, 3 did not.

No ‘real’ open hotspots Ive found yet but used one of the ones I found to surf till my laptop battery died like 5 mins later.

Going to wardrive the rest of the town tommorrow and see what I can find.

i drove from tim horton’s down town nanaimo to home on departure bay road on the beach. and found 74 out of that there were 8 that were secure NICE!!! I cant believe how people just take these things home and plug them in and use them. WOW … pretty neat if you think about ti…

it’s not surprising after making a living from the 90% of the public that buys Norton, installs the program and then never run it or update it!

At home i leave the shop wireless wide open so people can hang out, and I’ve been thrilled by the tourists who use it and usually buy something when they come by.

Wish i was there to help in your shop : O )

let me get it 20% busier. then I’ll need to staff it so my old partner cant come back

Why cant he come back ?

I just sighned up for my apple certification course. Im heading off to vancouver to get my desktop and laptop certification’s My dream… then ill start somekinda small repair’s maybe…

he left in a snit, dd everything he could to screw the company up, and after two years of me busting my balls and turning it around he wants to come back…
hmmm. FOAD i think is the proper response.

that sux… hope every thing is going well now though…

better than ever. i think the whole country’s doing better this summer