Windows 7 looks to be a keeper

can anyone help me with driver installation?  i cant find a sound driver for my laptop. i just installed Windows 7,  i have a HP Pavilion DV5020ca

One thing I know about windows 7 is you must use vista drivers, if you have a driver disk for your laptop I’d start from there.

if not, and you have nowhere to look usually companies let you browse their driver download pages.

I’d try that

Not impressed so far. Trying to setup 64 bit on my Macbook, been at it all night. Errors, restarted install 3X before it loaded. Driver hell…
all in all a typical Windows experience all right.
Try again tomorrow…
Like c’mon. All the parts in a Macbook are tried and true and been around awhile. The 7th release of Windows still can’t find them by default. Same fucking problems as Windows 98 had, they never will be addressed.

I can agree with everything you’ve said herbie, I also tried installing Windows 7 Last night, to no avail.

First of all, there are so many requirements. (I didn’t have SP1 for Vista lol)

and then, when I actually did install it nothing worked :frowning:

I suppose that’s why it’s Beta :smiley:

It took me an entire weekend to “upgrade” my P4 laptop to Vista with the actual release.
I have yet to see the Vista “Anytime Upgrade” actually upgrade an installation.
The first XPs were notorious for booting to a black screen until you installed the driver, which you couldn’t actually install because you couldn’t see the screen.
Like it or not, ME was the ‘smoothest’ of the lot of any “new” release.

I had no problem installing windows 7, remember if you have a 64 bit CPU you need the 64 bit version of windows 7,  I have been very surprised by this operating system. I hated Vista…
I have installed other programs and all my drivers were found on a update from Microsoft.
It boots way faster then XP and powers down faster. I’m sure once you get it installed you will like.

Howa hunchiga for the links. 

I still have the partition as I hunt for drivers. It will NOT use the Vista drivers in the bootcamp folder.

Got all the drivers in except for iSight. Scores only 3.0 bad rating on hard drive transfer rate. Posting from Windows 7 now.
OMG!OMG! It runs fantastic…I can’t wait… I can’t wait… Jesus would run Windows 7… I can’t wait… little pee drops everywhere!*

I think I was more impressed by Linux Mint

I have the 32bit version because the processor I’m using with it is 32bit.

I know that the drivers from vista are compatible with windows 7, afterall windows 7 was an upgrade from Vista… however windows update could not find my drivers I had to install them myself.

I do have it installed and nothing is working still.

I’m glad I used it on a spare computer as if I had used it on my personal computer I would have been so pissed off.