Why does Rupert look so run down?

Ya come on boyz?
if ya see an animal on the side of the road suffering…
Do you not put it out of its misery?

thats pr

Why does it matter where you live? People like you guys are miserable wherever you are.

Why wait…go now…don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

Unfortunately it costs sooo much to fly!

Lucky you!!!  Wish I was!

You know, I sort of have a love/hate relationship with Metrotown.  It’s great to go to one place to get all of your shopping done but I hate going their on weekends because it’s just insane!!!

I rack up those Safeway Airmiles Bonuses then it only costs $123.00…

Rupert has its issues…but I still love it here, I’ve moved away and came back because I missed it.  I like Vancouver- but only to visit - it takes too long to get anywhere and within 2 days I feel the effects of crappy air. 

The service in rupert is exceptional in general - of course there are a few bad eggs in the bunch, but overall we’ve got good repor here.

I use Canadian Tire in terrace when I need to (they have some stuff that we lack here)  I dont find Walmart and cheaper than Zellers or the bargain store - the quality of the “cheap” stuff just doesnt make it worth for me - but everyone has their own opinion.

As for service in Terrace, I’ve only found the crew at Boston Pizza good, the guy at Disciple is great too.  In the department stores I’ve been made to feel like I was an annoyance for asking a question, it seems to me that the people who work there just dont like their jobs. 

If I cant find something specific in Rupert I’ll consider a trip to Terrace but I try to shop locally as much a possible.

Anyone know where I can get food colouring paste??  Ive tried the grocery stores, cow bay gifts…I cant seem to find it anywhere :stuck_out_tongue:

actually working for the highways  westcana has the mainenance contract for the light standards

I think in maybe 20 years Rupert will finally have its “boom”.  I’ll probably be out of here by then so I won’t be able to enjoy it!

Because you can’t compare the elements(WX) on the north coast to that of Nelson.
Having said that I’ve skied that area, and it’s a beautiful place.

Because we don’t have all the beautiful old buildings that they do and they are willing to shop small and local. Nelson is all about community.

yeah well they have a community we have a rundown island at the end of the road

Nelson got rid of Victor Kumar and Doug Jay and are better for it…now so did we…maybe our turn is coming!!  :imp:

Are you for real?..spare me!

Why do some of you get so annoyed and defensive when someone is excited about leaving Rupert?  Envy maybe?  And, rupertguy, where do you go to rack up all those air miles? There aren’t many places in town that take them anymore, Safeway, Ronas? Anywhere alse?

Speaking of which, how long before you’re moving on there cody?  I think you mentioned a while back your were about to move.

Why does Rupert look run down? Because people are fat and lazy,And can’t be bothered to keep their places up. 

And keep shopping out of town and you won’t have anymore local stores to knock.

im more talking the downtown area its the spot that makes us look like an old ghost town in the dumps

Takes awhile to make all the plans smurfette but looks like we will be gone before the end of the year.  My Dad is not well and we haven’t seen each other in over 15 years.  I will miss the friends I have made here in the last 10 years and my job but time to go home.

Sorry to hear about your dad, if this keeps up there’s not going to be many folks left here to turn out the lights.