Where is this? (Game)

Yes

as oppose to what?

[quote=“BigThumb”]

as oppose to what?[/quote]

As opposed to being surronded by lessor bodies of water (also called seas), or fresh water?

[quote=“Dave”]

as oppose to what?

As opposed to being surronded by lessor bodies of water (also called seas), or fresh water?[/quote]

Could you rephrase the question. I won’t count the previous one. It’s an island and it’s surrounded by water. Some islands are in the middle of a big ocean, some are at the edge, in between seas and oceans, some are in seas, some are in lakes. And if I say yes or no to your questions, then I might mislead you.

Is it in the western hemisphere?

Is the island surronded by salt water?

yes

[quote=“Dave”]

Is the island surronded by salt water?[/quote]

yes

16 to go

Okay, so since it’s northern and western, it’s North America. So this’ll narrow it down:

1. Is it a Canadian island?
  2. Is it on the west coast?

Heh, Northern Hemisphere and Western Hemisphere doesn’t necessarily mean North America, dude. So don’t assume.

[quote=“hoshq”]Okay, so since it’s northern and western, it’s North America. So this’ll narrow it down:

1. Is it a Canadian island?
  2. Is it on the west coast?[/quote]

one question at a time please

I’ll say no to the first one.

15…

Does it snow on this island?

Well, according to the best research I could do on the net, no!

Is this island located between the prime meridian and 90 degrees West?

Yes.
I guess that you narrowed it down to 1/8 of the planet. Are you guys going to keep going with the latitude longitude questions? How boring!

Maybe questions could be about something else than geography. Remember that the other photos were about something specific ( Tabasco Sauce birth place and Vimy Ridge). This one has some significance too.

13 to go

Ah, BigThumb, it’s called strategy. One has to narrow down the physical location a little prior to focusing on more specific social details, at least that’s what I think.

Next question: Do humans live on this island full time (i.e., are there recognized communities such as towns, villages, or cities)?

[quote=“Dave”]
Next question: Do humans live on this island full time (i.e., are there recognized communities such as towns, villages, or cities)?[/quote]

Yes.

12 to go.

Has the US ever invaded this island?

No, not that I know ( so it’s not Grenada)

11…

Is it a famous vacation getaway?