Where is this? #4

Read here the story of my LOLA.
She left the American scene and came to Havana to meet her true love…El Che

mtco.com/~sullivan/costumes/copacabana/

Read especially the third paragraph.

Well, it looked like a park of some sort, and the direction of the shadow suggested Southern Hemisphere so I looked up famous city parks in the Southern Hemisphere.

Well done FUTUREGIRL      :wink:

You’re my kind of girl…after LOLA of course

Ah that’s just American Revisionist propaganda.  It’s a play based on the song?  In the song there’s no leaving the US.  Just a shootout.  She grows old at the Copa.  Copacabana.  What the? 

Either way, you’ve pretty much proven that you’re not Che or Fidel or whatever, because either of them would have recognized Oscar Niemeyer’s work on sight.  Especially considering how close Fidel and Oscar are (the statue of Fidel at Havana airport was designed by Niemeyer).

Fidel once said “Niemeyer and I are the last Communists of this planet.”

Googling “fidel architect” or “castro architect” would probably have found it too.  I thought for sure you’d get it with that hint.

Maybe you should try impersonating someone else :wink:

Mig…and why would Fidel have known about this building?

Elvis needs more impersonators like everyone needs more cowbell.

See post above yours.  They are very close friends.

Whenever someone mentions Fidel’s age (usually with the mention of retirement), he always talks about his good friend Niemeyer, who is in his 90s (or is he 100 already?) and still producing this kind of work.

I was searching for a while, but my research centered around “obelisks”.

Futuregirl’s gone to look for another place … if she doesn’t find one in a while, we’ll let somebody else take a turn.

Wow, I love this game.  I’m no good at it, or even know what to ask or do, but it’s fun to follow along!

Ok, Futuregirl is workin’ the night shift tonight, so she says somebody else will have to post a place.

Any takers?

In the name of the REVOLUTION…I’ll give it a try

You know all the rules and stuff, right?  This is BigThumb’s game, so we tend to follow his rules.

Post a new topic, give us a photo or screenshot or something to guess.  Make it something significant.

Go for it!

It’ll take me a little while but I’ll put everything together