Where is this #32

Just when you thought it had gone cold … here’s the long-lasting Where is This #32.

This town has a unique feature.

You can ask any yes/no questions, but no direct geographical questions.

Is Harper the PM where this town is located?

They would probably burn him alive if they caught him here.

No, he’s not the PM in this country.

Is Canada–along side NATO–waging a war in that country at the present time?

Great question.

No, Canada is not in a war in this country.

But here’s a sort-of hint:  Even though there’s no shooting conflict going on, I would say the situation isn’t exactly cool, either.

Is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad the president of that country?

No.  He would probably deny this place exists, though.

Did Iran wage a war (should write:defend itself) against that country in the 80’s?

[quote=“BackAtIt”]
Did Iran wage a war (should write:defend itself) against that country in the 80’s?[/quote]

The country in which this town is located had a military conflict with Iran in the 1980s.

Is this town known/famous for its religious pilgrimages?

No.

I edited a previous response to make it factually correct. So maybe take a look back at previous answers.

Iran being a peaceful country only had a defensive war against Iraq in the 80’s.
In other word, we’re talking here about Iraq without any doubt and so, is it located in the Kurdish north of the country?

You can draw your own conclusions, I can only answer questions. 

Here’s a photo of the place, which might help.  I’ll post another photo later if nobody gets it. 

Despite the snow in the photo, one doesn’t usually think of the town as a cold place. 

(in the same way that the first thing someone thinks about Prince Rupert is rain.)

anyway…

[quote=“BackAtIt”]
Is it located in the Kurdish north of the country?[/quote]

It is not located in the Kurdish north of this country.

I’m afraid that we may just be dabbling in semantics here.
I guess I’m going to have to ask the question a bit more directly:
Is Jalal Talabani the incumbent president of that country?

[quote=“BackAtIt”]
Is Jalal Talabani the incumbent president of that country?[/quote]

No. 

Um, this is futuregirl’s account, but it’s me writing it.  Oh shit, she’s gonna find out I’m on her computer.

I didn’t think that Canada (Mr. Harper represents Canada) had any enemies in this world.
And so, I can only think of Iran (although Iran doesn’t hate us, it only hates us being the lacky of the U.S.), Iraq or Afghanistan…outside these countries, I really can’t see any. Maybe Lebanon since we didn’t lift a little finger to have the bombing stopped in 2006, however Iran does recognize Lebanon…at least Hezbollah.  And so, maybe MiG you might want to revisit that statement: “They would probably burn him alive if they caught him here”

I hope you’re not looking for a place where the residents would literally burn Mr. Harper alive.  But it wasn’t the answer to your question, so you can safely ignore it.

Are its citizens’ language…Arabic?