Where is this # 31

Celebrations with that name happen in many places in the world. 

But if you read the previous answer, you will understand why I say no to your question.

Still at 12.

I have to go.  As a goodbye clue, I can add to the original clue by saying that the event that happened right there is about as likely to happen again as hell is likely to freeze over.

Later,
BT

Yep, I am thinking of another country where they celebrate carneval right now, but I won’t tell you which one it is.

Jees, you were on to the right country!  You should get some of the credit here, 'cause it made me look for reasons BigThumb would be interested in Germany…

Garmisch-Partenkirchen, site of the 1936 Winter Olympics.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_hockey … r_Olympics

“Great Britain won the men’s ice hockey competition. While only one player on the team was born in Canada, nine of the thirteen players on the roster grew up in Canada, and eleven had played previously in Canada.”

Not likely to happen again, eh?  

Great going again, MIG. And Jees, How,d you get my pic?

Good job Mig.

This is Lake Riessersee near Garmisch-Partenkirchen.  And yes,Great Britain winning the gold against Canada in “ice hockey” isn’t likely to happen again.  Sorry Grockle!

I could  ( and probably should) have sent you on a red herring with your question about English speakers.  According to the map given here: [, there is a more than 50% of germany’s population who can speak some English.  :wink:](, there is a more than 50% of germany’s population who can speak some English.  :wink:)

Do we even have an Olympic team this year, if so, we will be out early!

Didn’t we invent Ice Hockey anyway :wink:

Ouch!

I think the top image on this page  and  this image by the same painter make a strong case for the Netherlands to claim the origin of hockey played on ice.