Where is this# 22?

Does the currency of the home country have pents and pounds?

Sure, this place is in Britain

newton or boyle (for the scientist that stayed at this place)?.. since im guessing that this photo is from the early to mid 1700’s.

Wouldn’t be Newton, since the scientist didn’t use very much math.

So where did Robert boyle stay, twhere he didnt WANT to stay.

Sorry it’s neither scientist. This scientist was partically the INVENTOR of said science. This hint probably just tipped my hat, but I like to keep it interesting.

How about Robert Hooke - invented the compound microscope - ostracised by Newton - but actually proposed the inverse law of gravitation to Newton but couldn’t prove it - and invented the universal joint too …

As to the actual location how about the Royal Society in London.

I think he’s already said no to London.

I’m pretty stumped.

Forget my guess as to place since London was ruled out early on …

Although this scientist had some affiliations with the royal society, it is not Robert Hooke! Getting closer though.

Remember, this scientist practically grandfathered a certain science.

Is this building a prison (or insane asylum)?

Yes

Is the scientist British?

Yes

I’m going to take a wild guess Benjamin Franklin?

nevermind didn’t see above post :angry:

OK so it is a british scientist who is practically the grandfather of his (or her) science and was imprisoned or incarcerated in this building, which is located in Britain …

No…

I’m starting to think that this scientist may be more obscure than I originally thought. This scientist would have been interested the Where is It # 20 thread.

Well, I’m stumped too! I’ve been reading biographies of Francis Bacon, Roger Bacon, Joseph Priestley, Charles Lyell, Humphrey Davy, Henry Cavendish, Charles Babbage and Thomas Huxley.

Lyell is the best candidate right now but I can’t find references to him being committed.

Think rocks…

King’s Bench Prison

William Smith was there