Where is this #17

Whoa, nice one. How did you find out, if you dont mind me asking, I took the photo myself and I couldnt find any others on google or flickr.

Wait, detailed answer:

This levy is just outside of Mo’ili’ili on the Pali highway toward the lookout on the island of Oahu, Hawaii. It was built on a 100 year flood plain as part of the ‘Ala Wai Plan’.

i used to study at the university of hawaii and loved studying the story of kamehameha. went to virtually every lookout point there was and that was just one of the many points i studied :wink:

Ahaha ya, I was thinking, “the only way they could have known that is if they were actually there”. I was in Hawaii recently and stayed at Dr. Bion Griffin’s house, perhaps you’ve met him! Interesting!

Alright eye-are-c, well done!
Now, as the winner, you must find a picture and post it for the next game. If you’re not sure about rules, check out the previous threads (Where is this?)

Basically, post something with some kind of significance that can be searched on the net. What dylan did in posting his own picture is not against the rules but is not really in the spirit of the game because it is almost impossible for anyone else who hasn’t been there to verify if a hunch is correct. But that’s dylan and we all hope he is getting therapy :wink:
Also, the questions must be answerable by yes or no and must not be direct geographical questions ( like: Is it in Hawaii?)
Of course, if you don’t want to post a picture, you can offer it to anyone else who wants to post one (that’s how dylan got his turn.) It does take some time out of your life to answer the questions but most find the game fun.

Hey, I only posted my own picture because its kinda lame when some people ^^^ just sit on google/flickr and just look through pictures until they find something that matches!!

… im not sure that the therapy is working that well.

[quote=“dylan”]Hey, I only posted my own picture because its kinda lame when some people ^^^ just sit on google/flickr and just look through pictures until they find something that matches!!

… im not sure that the therapy is working that well.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree with you but the need to check is still there. If the game with your picture would have been a bit longer, do you think that someone could have come to the right conclusion? Maybe, but it was difficult to check before making the final guess.
On the other hand, maybe this is the way the game evolves. I’m hooked when the image is an aerial or when it is a very significant place in the history of one culture or another. I find that learning about these places is kinda cool too.
The Mount Ararat picture for example, was one of the best challenges so far.

Who knew learning could be fun?!?

I wasn’t really playing the game, was just following along or whatever, until that Surtsey Island one.

yeah sorry but i think im going to have to offer someone else to post a new pic :stuck_out_tongue: dylan u can go again, it was just a fluke that i got it haha. i just enjoy playing your little games :smile:

Haha no not me, I dont have anything else at the moment that would be borderline against the rules.

I have a good one if it’s ok.

go 4 it