What's that funny looking ship?

It looks like the first bit of machinary has arrived in the harbour for installation for test drilling in the Hecate Straight.

Looks like the ship in the harbour is getting ready to start test drilling in Hacate Straight. Enbridge will be the least of our worries once that starts.

What ship? Details?

I know you would have read all about this one in the Daily News [sniffs away tear]:

fuelfix.com/blog/2011/05/27/alas … an-waters/

Next? Corporate wars …?

Maybe we could invite Robert Duvall for an early visit?

I know you would have read all about this one in the Daily News [sniffs away tear]:

Well somehow I doubt that the Daily News would have been quite as quick with the story as you have proven to be (good get as they say)

I dunno, I kind of liked the rumour that we were drilling for oil in the harbour and everyone thought that the Enbridge project was going to be a problem…

Alaska cruise ships originating in Seattle get around the Jones Act by disembarking passengers at one stop in BC each way. If the Kang Sheng Kou semi-submerges and leaves the jack-up rig in the harbor then can another foreign ship come and take it the rest of the way to Alaska? Or can the Kang Sheng Kou wait a day and then load it up again?

shhhhhhhhhhhh we are secretly drilling for oil in the harbour don’t let the enviromental loonies know about it :stuck_out_tongue:

Great!! Anything to reduce my taxes!! :smiley:

[quote=“MiG”]

What ship? Details?[/quote]

[quote=“Hoser”]

What ship? Details?[/quote]

it’s the new Bungy Zone for the cruise ship passengers… hang 'um high…aahahahahaha

Pile Driver, for Phase 2 of the port expantion

Thanks Astro.

[quote=“hitest”]

Thanks Astro.[/quote]

I don’t think that’s what that vessel in the harbour is, especially since there hasn’t actually been any agreements put in place yet for expansion.

Actually, in an earlier post on this thread, Soggy identified the mystery vessel

It’s just squatting in the harbour while it awaits transit papers to the land of Ms. Palin…

[quote=“ThePodunkian”]

Thanks Astro.

I don’t think that’s what that vessel in the harbour is, especially since there hasn’t actually been any agreements put in place yet for expansion.

Actually, in an earlier post on this thread, Soggy identified the mystery vessel

It’s just squatting in the harbour while it awaits transit papers to the land of Ms. Palin…[/quote]

Right…thanks ThePodunkian. :smile:

Ok what you are looking at is the COSCO KANG SHENG KOU She is a semi-submersible heavy lift ship. and her cargo is a jack up oil exploration rig
and the rigs destination is Somewhere in Alaska

Further to the topic at hand here.

adn.com/2011/05/31/1891851/i … erted.html