What's happening by the Inlander?

We got to get this kind of trash off of our streets. He’s apparently a regular with the RCMP and Ambulance. Maybe the fall knocked some scense into him on the way down.

[quote=“mee”]
a disabled man fell from his wheelchair and was probably seriously hurt[/quote]

Physically disabled? No.

I’ve seen this guy walking around in the alleys, hanging out with his wang out like it was nobody’s business.

so no, he’s not disabled physically.

Mentally, I can’t, and won’t comment on.

I have never seen this “Chairman.”

Just sounds like your typical bum.

Physical disability has many forms.  Is he disabled?  Yes.  Can he stand and walk a short distance? Yes.  Does he have serious social and mental issues? Probably.  

I was driving by and stopped to watch some of this.  It’s not everyday that you get to watch something like this happen right in front of you.  The firemen, police and paramedics did a great job and it was interesting to see.  

Yes, “chairman” is definitely a human being - and I felt the same way as you when I first moved here almost 2 years ago.  Then over and over and over and over and over I heard about or saw his ‘antics’ first hand - standing up and urinating while at the same time trying to gain sympathy from passersby.  Throwing himself out of his chair incredibly close to traffic going by on the street in a bid to … well hell, I don’t know WHY he does shit like that.  The incident that cemented my opinion of him was when some stranger on the street tried to help him and in doing so, the helper fell and hit his own head on the curb, knocking himself out.  Now, I don’t know if the chairman pushed him or was doing his usual ‘help me’ and moved or something so that this guy fell so hard he got knocked out.

That being said - I don’t wish ill on this guy - if he is mentally challenged in some way, is there not somewhere for him to go? 

What you see as contempt and uncaring for the welfare of this man on this forum is simply us being completely unsurprised that this happened - par for the course if you will. 

I’m going to miss all the people here putting this guy in the wheelchair down.

Maybe there’s some other unfortunate person around town who can take his place.

I was responding to a previous post that reported that the chairman passed away. It doesn’t seem to be there anymore, so I’m confused.

The chairman did not Die He is in hospital but will be okay. I talked to his sister

somebody posted that he died at 6 a.m. this morning but that post is not here anymore.

good to hear he didn’t die. don’t like to hear about anybody dieing,

Yes.  I am happy to hear that he didn’t pass away.  I moved those posts to the wasteland.

Yeah he was in the hospital over night and he recieved stitches in his forehead and probably other areas of his body.

I really wish that guy would get the help he needs.

Good to hear he’s okay, well, and NOT DEAD.

If he’s dead, then that would be a big shame as everyone has the desire to see him change into a normal person again.

This guy is a menace. The cops were summoned to Tim Hortons the other night because he was in their parking lot trying to get hit  by cars. Also awhile ago we were parked outside Frank’s Barber shop and he was in his wheel chair tilted along the curb scrapping the cars that he could with his wheelchair.

I agree with the opinions of this guy being a menace to business and our citizens, but I also agree with the fact that this guy has slipped through the cracks and is not getting the help he needs. I think there are services available to him but how we, and by we I mean the community at large, deliver these much needed services will be the challenge.

services are available to him if he chooses to use them…
he cant be made to use services unless the court orders him to do so…

depending on what his needs are depends what services he is entitled to use.

For example an individual who acquired brain injury would fall under  The British Columbia Brain Injury Association.

If an individual has mental health issues then they go to BC Mental Health & Addiction Services.

If an individual is developmentally disabled and fit the criteria then they fall under Community Living BC (CLBC).

And again everything is voluntary, people can choose to except the help or not. People don’t fall through the cracks unless they want too.

There are plenty of resources available.

I just heard this morning that he passed away. I dont know if this is a “Rupert Rumor” or if it is true.

Nope, had a visual. Very much alive. Darn Rupert Rumors. Im sure he will be back to the street in no time.

he is veyr much alive just hurt