What year are we in?

I think it’s all a misunderstanding.

I can’t find any mention of fags in the Bible. However there are several mentions of God cursing figs or fig trees.

Cursing figs and fig trees? Well I would think he or she is cursing the way some of the so called churches are taking these Jewish Fairy Tales and putting their own meanings and rules to them.

There will be prayers in public schools as long as there are tests.

There aren’t prayers in public schools–are there?

if they had prayers in public schools when i went to school i woulda been in detention everyday for showing my distaste for the idea of forcing it on me  :imp:

Nevermind schools, I bought a box of strawberries the other day, looked on the inside of the lid and what do I see.

Now I’m all for supporting homeless, abused neglected children, but why should I be unknowingly forced into paying for this christian thing? How would they feel if they bought something that supported a satanist homeless place? And it’s not the fact that I’m offended at the place itself, it’s that they assume that everyone is okay with supporting christianity. And instead of ASKING me wether I want to support their cause, they force me into it by sending proceeds of these strawberry sales to this christian place. At least warn me. So I can decide to support them or not.

You buy things every day from companies that use portions of your money to donate to charities. Cancer research, wellness programs, community events, UNICEF, whatever. There are probably lots of things you buy in your travels that eventually finds its way into the hands of a religious group of some sort. :confused:

I think you missed the joke… Praying that you will pass the test…

Ah yes, I did. I’m thick, it seems.

That’s not the point really, it’s that society thinks we are all okay with supporting christianity.

I would have used the prayer book to burn the school down.

the truth is the bible teaches (God says) that the sin of homosexuality is wrong like it or not that is the truth, should we condem the person in it NO! God judges all men, thus we should not teach it as being an acceptable practice. Lets try cleaning the closet then coming out of it.

But again, society also thinks that we’re all okay with supporting a huge number of different charitable organizations. Do you object to the idea that society assumes you are okay with supporting cancer research?

Sorry, cancer research isn’t mentioned in the Bible. Must be be the work of Satan! :imp:

Supporting cancer isn’t about a belief system Eccentric.

Christianity is. Not everyone on the planet is christian, some people believe in different things. Some people don’t believe at all, and are just spiritual and don’t agree with organized religion at all. Kind of like me. I don’t agree with helping people by forcing them into believing in something. And with an organization like that one, it implies that they have no choice. The bible, the teachings, everything will be more than likely taught there. No spanks, I don’t want to support that.

Fair enough–that just means you don’t buy the strawberries. When you buy something from someone, the money you give them is theirs to keep and spend as they wish. It’s nothing to do with what society thinks is okay–Joe the Strawberry Farmer can do whatever he wants with his money.

Of course, I agree, I would choose not to buy those strawberries, but I didn’t have that choice in the store, the label was on the inside of the package, not the outside.

If I had known when I picked those strawberries out, that I would be supporting that, I wouldn’t have paid for them. And that really is the point, christian groups assume all of the time that society is okay with supporting them, that everyone believes in their god, and worships it. What if it was a Jewish family who bought those strawberries, unknowingly?
And if this was a christian family, picking up a box of, say, blueberries. And on the inside of the box it said the exact same thing except that the proceeds were to be going to a satanist home that helps out needy homeless familys. The shit would hit the fan…

The point is these religious groups seem to rely on the fact that “most” people follow their religion, so it’s okay to do that sort of thing. Well I don’t think it is.

Let me know what I’m supporting before I purchase it, don’t tell me AFTER I bought it.

Well said Bubbasteve, I agree all the way with you with what and how you said it.

Edit: In reply to Bubbasteve.

See, this is where I think we’re hitting the roadblock. I’m saying that you purchased something from someone, it’s up to them how they spend the money–they don’t have to inform you what they’re spending it on. If that person wants to use his or her profits from your strawberry sale to buy a big black dildo, that’s their choice.

You seem to think that because this person is using some of the proceeds for a home for children that happens to be Christian, it should be treated like a donation–but the destination of the money is irrelevant.

I dunno, maybe we’re just misunderstanding each other. What exactly do you mean by they think “it’s okay to do that sort of thing”? What sort of thing are you referring to?

Shades of the’ Great Strawberry Investigation’ from the Caine Mutiny!
it’s got me rattling my ball bearings!