What to watch on the tube?

I have two of these Hauppauge PVR-150MCE, hardware Mpeg one ATI HD Tv  No Hardware Mpeg card and then the ATI All in wonder Radeon not sure which but it plays HD and Hi-Def,  my system has 2 gigs of DDR and it and 500 gigs of disk space, my other system has 2 500 gigs of hard drive space plus main drive of 150 gigs.

I have newer IBM mother board that only has 3 PCI slots so ya I’m limited.

I have that type of personality that if I build something I’m not going to do a half ass job I’m going to spend every last dime I have and build the best system I can. My other DIY is my arcade Cab, it does it all.

I know 8 TV cards is over kill, I don’t need to cap that much TV, so 4 is ok, from my splitter I go to an cable amplifier too boost that cable signal, Its amazing the difference that makes. 
I tell ya chrisj once you try snapstream you will not go back to MCE…

Chrisj the reason I went with snapstream like I said was becouse of the DRM and broadcast flag thats on alot of movies and some tv shows, MCE 2005 as you already now will not let you view or record it. So I googled MCE2005, DRM and broadcast flag I did not find any ways of removing it; I did the roleback 2 so I 'm  screwed.
So can you tell me the fix I went to thegreenthumb and there was nothing there. I dont like microsoft telling me what I cant watch. So I would like to hack it and as you said its easy, but its not easy to find the fix.
mce 2005 is my media server on my HDTV and my other one snapstream caps all my tv and movies, so it would be nice to have my MCE playback when we are watching TV… Thanks

I cant remember exactly how I did it, I know I deleted the DRM folder in the admin documents and settings folder, there were a few other ones I deleted too, but cant remeber now. I followed instructions off the net, they were quite easy to find, try here:

mdgx.com/98mp10/98MP10.TXT

made a mistake, thats the instructions on how, get files here:

mdgx.com/

Starchoice says we have until Dec 17th to use up our $50 free movie credits.
Maybe by then, they’ll have ONE that I haven’t already seen last summer in the video store.
What a total load of crap!!!

I’ll have to go check that out, herbie.  Thanks for the heads up. :smile:

Came and went we used $24 worth of pay per views… used one credit for Sicko just to use one up…
oh well could be worse. Christmas movies on the Jesus Channel?

Mommy’s going to be with the angels dear. Probably near Christmas time.
Daddy will still be here to love you. But there’ll be no one home during the day so he’ll probably KILL YOUR DOG too…
waaahhhh!!! :unamused:

We never used our free PPV credits up when we got our dish.  All the movies on there come out a couple of weeks after the movies hit the store shelves.  If I could have put it towards a UFC fight I would have, but there just wasn’t enough movies to “rent” that we actually wanted to see, or hadn’t seen already.

I should dig up the 15-20 year old articles I used to write about the consequences of deregulations…
If I’d ever told anyone they’d be paying 4X as much to watch tv, seeing more commercials on the movie channels than on the networks, and less movies on the networks they’d have called me a liar.

Gotta run! Or I’ll miss the 16th showing today of the rerun of “deadliest catch”…

That’s the one about catching cougars in the bars where you live, right?  :smiley:

futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde … atid=10125

YUM!

Cheaper than a Shaw PVR,

Especially since I just bought that exact same model, new in the box, for $83 on Ebay. Even with shipping I got it to my door for just over $100. Series 2 DVR’s are cheap. (Everywhere but Canada.) If you are savvy enough to hack it, you can even get around the monthly fee.

Current favorites:

Showtime: Weeds, The Tudors, Dexter
HBO: Entourage, Deadwood (download it)
NBC: The Office
C. Central: The Daily Show