What smartphone & what service provider to get in Rupert

It’s $100 more, right?  For that you get video & video editing, as well as a compass.  Everything else is on the 3G as well.  Depends if that stuff is worth $100 to you.  It has a faster processor (and more RAM) as well, but you might not notice those.

Video and video editing should have been included on the original iPhone.  I can’t believe they charge $100 more just for those few features.  Are you able to add more memory to it through sd card yet?

They don’t charge more, it’s the same price.  You can get the older 2-year old model for $100 cheaper.

Just like you can get older Blackberries cheaper as well.  And the new Blackberries have features the older ones don’t.

No, you can’t add memory to an iPhone or iPod. 

I meant, they’re charging $100 more for features on a 3G that should’ve been included in the original in the first place.

They’re not charging more for a 3G.  They’ve lowered the price of the 3G, and given it the new 3.1 firmware.  It’s cheaper. 

Sort of like charging more for the new Android phones with their new features that should have been included in the original in the first place?  Or charging more for new Blackberry phones with their new features that should have been included in the original in the first place?  Ok, I get it.