What Industry if any would Northern BC residents like to see

This makes way too much sense to actually happen. I don’t think the political will exists, nor is there the economic, budgetary support either.
Don’t think that our very strategic port here in the middle of several thousand KM’s of undefended Coastline is a fact that is lost to Mariners from all over the world that visit here regularly either. It has always seemed rediculous to me that we do not have a significant military, naval presence here in the port.

No actually hes totally right.
Why are people on constantly on EI?  Mostly because they are unskilled labour.  Sorry pal but truck driving and longshoring are not considered skilled workers.

I think you need to be realistic…RUPERT will never return to its days of former glory.
Deal with it accept it.  We will never have box stores or new development.  Just look at the boarded store fronts on third avenue.

Thats the sign of things to come.

what i was trying to say is that all the skilled labour either works at different jobs to pay the bills like truck driving and longshoring.

I know many that are carpenters, millwrights, mechanics, electricians and technicians but in order to stay with their families they have to do what they can  .  or leave town and alot of people that did leave town still own houses and rent them out because there is nothing lol

ding
The round goes to you.

lets go to the score card…
actually the judges feel different.

Hold it folks, we may have a reversal on that decision.

Wait.

Wait.

Yes, the playback clearly shows there was a dive.

What happened to that idea for aluminum engine casting in Terrace?